Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's expensive to raise a BBQ snob

Options

Comments

• Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    also my birthday is coming up soon as well... :wink: 
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    That is quite the stall you've got going on there!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I know, I'm hoping it starts to move soon, planning to eat in about 7 hours. May need to bump the temp up a bit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Oh, boy!  Nothing I love better the BBQ and gadgets with gauges!  I gotta get me stoker now.  Which model do you have? (sorry if you mentioned it already)
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Eggerty
    Options
    DMW said:
    I know, I'm hoping it starts to move soon, planning to eat in about 7 hours. May need to bump the temp up a bit.
    I just noticed that.  4hrs WOW.  If you do bump what would the temp be?
    LBGE - Nov/'14
  • DMW
    Options
    @Cookbook_Chip This is the current Stoker II WiFi. They are a bit backordered right now, but if you buy while backlogged, they are offering a 10% discount.
    https://www.rocksbarbque.com/

@Eggerty It looks like it is starting to move, so I'll wait a bit. If I do bump, I'll go 250*, then 275*. When using a controller it is best to make small incremental moves on temp, otherwise they can have a tendency to overshoot your target temp.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggerty
    Options
    DMW said:

@Eggerty It looks like it is starting to move, so I'll wait a bit. If I do bump, I'll go 250*, then 275*. When using a controller it is best to make small incremental moves on temp, otherwise they can have a tendency to overshoot your target temp.
    Great good to know... Can't wait for the finish
    LBGE - Nov/'14
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    @DMW thanks!  So, question.  It looks awesome on my PC in Chrome.  But iPad in either Chrome or Safari, no gauges (but the temp chart is there).  I know you're not tech support, but just askin' in case you have an idea
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    She could have asked for Chucky Cheese!

You did good, dad. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DMW
    Options
    @Cookbook_Chip
    I'm not sure on that one. There are lots of apps out there that communicate directly with the stoker from iPad that would render better.
    https://www.rocksbarbque.com/Applications.html
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• HostileHarry
    Options
    Following along... love the linux setup. I just ordered a Stoker and I will have to add this to my Debian server.
    Big Green Egg: Large & Mini Max
    Kamado Joe: Classic

Chicago, IL
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    Checking out the web page. Very interesting how long you've been in the 150's. You think you are going to see a stall in the 160's as well? Might need to bump that temp :)

Chicago, IL
  • DMW
    Options
    Checking out the web page. Very interesting how long you've been in the 150's. You think you are going to see a stall in the 160's as well? Might need to bump that temp :)
    It started moving and I bumped it to 250*.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm sure it'll climb steadily now. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    I love gadgets... and being able to watch this cook. My boring pork butt I put on the MM doesn't compare. Hah!

Chicago, IL
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    Looks like your moving right through the 160's since you bumped up the temp.

Chicago, IL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @HostileHarry Starting a thread on your MM L&S butt? :i_dunno: Inquiring minds would like to know. Please :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    DMW said:
    @mahenryak and @stacyandkerry
    The view you are seeing is not the direct stoker itself. I am using Stoker-web:
    https://code.google.com/p/stoker-web/

This runs on a separate computer on your network and it keeps a connection to the Stoker. This doesn't use the Stoker web interface at all, which is why it doesn't look like the Stoker.

The runStokerweb.jar contains the app, web server, and Tomcat server all in one package. It is actually pretty easy to get running. The few docs on the site are geared around running on Windows, but if you know Linux, it's pretty straightforward. I happen to have a Linux box that is running Plex for my home media collection, adding Stoker-web was trivial.

Thank you very much @DMW.  This is was hoping you'd say.  I did realize it wasn't the Stoker interface.  I do have limited experience working with Linux.  My interactions with Linux are always few and far between, though.   For example, I installed an open source bandwidth metering software for a very small ISP which required a Linux box on my way out maybe six years ago (they're still using it today, from what I can gather).  So I can work with the packages okay.   I think it may be time to grab an old box and download Ubuntu.  Thanks again.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I can't believe some are watching another man's meat temp on the internet. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• HostileHarry
    Options
    I can't believe some are watching another man's meat temp on the internet. 
    I think the worse part is that it's actually making me hungry?!? Hahahaha.

Chicago, IL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing by brother D.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    Just went out and double checked things with the Thermapen. Looks like everything is on track. I can't believe how it feels even at the temps currently. It still needs to loosen up a bit more, but man does it smell good.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    If I were your neighbor I'd be watching the temp progress to know when it is the perfect time to snatch it off your grill and eat all the evidence...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I still remember when my two sons (now in their late 30's) were about 10 years old and discovered the difference between burgers/hot dogs and rib eyes or fillets. No more tube steaks for them, my damn grocery bill doubled.
    Nice looking brisket.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    If I were your neighbor I'd be watching the temp progress to know when it is the perfect time to snatch it off your grill and eat all the evidence...
     :)    =)    ;)
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Shhh..  We're at 173*
    NOLA
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Looks like you pulled it and FTC. Enjoy!
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • DMW
    Options
    Looks like you pulled it and FTC. Enjoy!
    Yes I did. :smile: 

Really poor picture, I'll try to get better ones when I serve it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    What was the finish "buttah" temp?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    Options
    grege345 said:
    What was the finish "buttah" temp?
    I checked it when the probe was 186* and it was nice and jiggly all over. Spot temp checks with my Thermapen were higher than that in spots. I'm really looking forward to this one, the flat felt better than I've done before.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA