Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally a important new eggcessory

Options
Just got new ceramic growler delivered from Portland growler company, went to local brewer an filled it with a great ipa. I think these two are gonna become good friends

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    That's NICE!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    thanks its areally nice hand made growler  im gonna put my ashes in it when I die lol
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Haha, Are you grilling inside?
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • jscarfo
    Options
  • MaC122
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wow. I hope you have a CO detector in your house as well. I cant even begin to start to tell you about how dangerous this is, that's the firefighter in me, but I am impressed!
  • jscarfo
    Options
    Installed by professional inspected by fire captain 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited March 2015
    Options
    North Pole I hope! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    @jscarfo Love the growler and the garage vent is killer. What type of exhaust fan is that? Comparing to outside do you feel there are differences in temp control?  I spy the WGWW lump too.
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Come on. A Ferrari vent system and a yugo lighting system. Really, nice setup. What's the cfm on the fan/hood?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Like the hood, in the process of putting one in my outdoor cover. My growlers are all glass, but then there is only one place to fill them so the choices are limited. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
     :o=) I want one in my kitchen  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Nice set up.  If you don't mind, where did you find that neon pig sign?
    Phoenix 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very nice setup. Where are you located? I am guessing a cold climate. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    jscarfo said:
    That is fine and dandy, but I would still recommend putting a CO detector nearby.  Better safe than dead.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• BierMugg
    BierMugg Posts: 42
    Options
    Make sure you are letting some fresh air in with that setup. Other wise your house chimeny will have a terrible down draft.   
  • MaC122
    Options
    no offense, but @jscarfo a spark could fall down right next to the bag of lump you have, smolder, catch fire and burn your house down. Just looking out for you and the others that might see this post.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    For a thread about a beer bottle, that is one amazing cooking space!!!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    If I had that in my garage I might as well burn 100 dollar bills to heat my garage during the winter
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • jscarfo
    Options
    Live in ct, pig lite on eBay, wicked weekend warrior by the pallet, have co detector, leave door open for good draft and ventilation my garage is detached from house if it did burn down eggs and growler should survive.  I Evan have a stove in my my house and that didn't burn down yet can't anyone just enjoy a good beer and some great wings
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I don't think anyone is really  trying to discourage you @jscarfo just many people have had issues with fire. As long as you are comfortable with your setup and it works for you rock on. I'm sure that I have made plenty of unsafe decisions when it comes to my cooking in my life and I haven't burned anything down yet. But then again it only takes one time.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jscarfo
    Options
    Yes I know when weathers not below 0 we cook outside. But I did a lot to setup a safe cooking area for the cold winters and were careful  but yes u can have fire any time. 
  • MaC122
    Options
    jscarfo said:

captain of what? Volunteer or paid? how are they certified to say what is safe or not? I like your set up but there is no way that it is up to code. I just want to make sure that the others reading this understand this before they attempt this in their own homes. Please check with your local fire department and city government to make sure that you follow local life and safety codes

• jscarfo
    Options
    I'm not trying to get anybody to cook in there garage or anywhere else this is where my eggs are for 3 months a year I posted a picture of a beer an growler next to my egg he is a paid fire captain he also is a egg owner. His is outside 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Not to pile on, and I could be missing something, but that looks beyond hazardous to me. Ask Chris (Nature Boy / Dizzy Pig) what he thinks about cooking anywhere near a structure. Or Little Steven. Or anyone else who has lost their home to a grill fire. Smoke and CO were the least of their problems. And they weren't even cooking inside a structure. Have you asked your insurance company and town building inspector to take a look? I sure would!

Am I being overly cautious? Maybe. But maybe not. Read this... 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/421447/need-house-fire-prevention-help/p1  

I live in CT too. I cook on my egg (on my non-flammable patio) year round. No roof, no walls. Yeah, it's cold in winter. If it gets too bad outside, I use my oven. I also have a detached garage that's about 15-20' from my house. No way I would ever grill in there. 

Just my thoughts. Good luck with it! Oh, and I have no idea what a growler is. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• MaC122
    Options
    Not to pile on, and I could be missing something, but that looks beyond hazardous to me. Ask Chris (Nature Boy / Dizzy Pig) what he thinks about cooking anywhere near a structure. Or Little Steven. Or anyone else who has lost their home to a grill fire. Smoke and CO were the least of their problems. And they weren't even cooking inside a structure. Have you asked your insurance company and town building inspector to take a look? I sure would!

Am I being overly cautious? Maybe. But maybe not. Read this... 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/421447/need-house-fire-prevention-help/p1  

I live in CT too. I cook on my egg (on my non-flammable patio) year round. No roof, no walls. Yeah, it's cold in winter. If it gets too bad outside, I use my oven. I also have a detached garage that's about 15-20' from my house. No way I would ever grill in there. 

Just my thoughts. Good luck with it! Oh, and I have no idea what a growler is. :)
    I  agree. Cook outside! That is the fire prevention message of march! 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I've seen wood fired pizza ovens in restaraunts so I'm guessing its ok. I've also seen restaraunts that have eggs in their place. Get an ansul system and call it done 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• MHambone9
    MHambone9 Posts: 10
    Options
     Most houses in America have a fireplace, i think theres a better chance of an ember jumping out and lighting your rug up than u burning down your detached garage with concrete a concrete floor, your area looks clean too. @jscarfo nice set up I think your fine
  • MaC122
    edited March 2015
    Options
    grege345 said:
    I've seen wood fired pizza ovens in restaraunts so I'm guessing its ok. I've also seen restaraunts that have eggs in their place. Get an ansul system and call

people it is not ok to have wood fired oven in your home because you saw one in a  restaurant. your house is not up to the same codes as a restaurant. sorry @grege345 but I have to stop you here. Ansul or not.. your getting way beyond what is legal

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Love the sign!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike