Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zip's Bourbon Chicken...doesn't get any better than this.

Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used Zip's recipe (in the archives) for Bourbon Chicken; instead of using chicken pieces, I used the whole bird. I first brined a 7 lb chicken in a salt-sugar solution for 24 hours, then rinsed it well and dried it and left it in the fridge to sort of "dry out" overnight. In the morning, I put it in the bourbon marinade for about 4 hours. When the Egg reached a steady 350, I put the bird on a vertical poultry roaster with a small can of beer underneath (I used the little can from the pineapple juice) and coated the chicken thoroughly with more marinade, even putting some under the breast skin. In about 2 hours or so, the bird was SO juicy that the skin actually split in a few places. I had reserved some bourbon marinade which I heated up and drizzled over the chicken on the platter. Our guests were completely amazed and proclaimed it the BEST chicken ever! Thanks, Zip, for the great recipe.
Cheers,
Gretl

Comments