Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weber Coffee Rub Chicken

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
6 pound Spatched chicken rubbed with webers coffe rub, 375 direct  for 75 minutes, Very Good, That's raised direct about 2 inches above the felt.
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    How do you like the flavor?
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    bboulier said:
    How do you like the flavor?
    The flavor was very good, when this is gone I will make a batch of Mickeys Rub to compare. Coffee Rub is now in the rotation, I can't believe I waited this long to try it. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sure looks good. That is a big a$$ed chicken. Also try coffee rub on next steak.  
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillmagic
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Sure looks good. That is a big a$$ed chicken. Also try coffee rub on next steak.  

Will do on the steak, what's your thoughts on a 1&1/2 inch bone in cowboy pork chop? I am going to brine 4 of them for a cook tomorrow night, the coffee rub was so good on the chicken I want to put it on everything, I will be making a batch of your rub as soon as this canister is gone.  
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    I've tried them both and prefer Mickey's

Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    revolver1 said:
    I've tried them both and prefer Mickey's

Thanks for the info, I will making a batch of Mickeys rub soon! This place is GREAT!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is how I do them. 
    Best thick pork chops (rib chops)

Simple brine, 1/2 c kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2-3 cups water...brine the chops a few hours (zip lock gallon bag is perfect). Pat dry, coffee rub and cook 'em hot and fast 450. preferred internal here would be to pull at 140* tops...carryover during the rest will bring them to 140-145* +/-. Keep it simple! Just don't cook 'em to death!!  

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillmagic
    Options
    Mickey said:
    This is how I do them. 
    Best thick pork chops (rib chops)

Simple brine, 1/2 c kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2-3 cups water...brine the chops a few hours (zip lock gallon bag is perfect). Pat dry, coffee rub and cook 'em hot and fast 450. preferred internal here would be to pull at 140* tops...carryover during the rest will bring them to 140-145* +/-. Keep it simple! Just don't cook 'em to death!!  

Those look GOOD!