Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's the end of the World as we know it......OT?

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2015

:) Great!

The situation was resolved, our flag(s) were flown, and the "end of the World as we know it" has been delayed a bit.  <whew>

No harm, no foul.  No need for armed insurrection.

FOX Army can stand down.   :)

;)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    That's great it starts with an earthquake
    Birds and snakes, an aeroplane, Lenny Bruce is not afraid...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Great news to know that not everyone is afraid to stand up for what's right!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    edited March 2015
    And I feel fine.

New Albany, Ohio 

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    Great news to know that not everyone is afraid to stand up for what's right!

:|  Amen!!!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    =)Zmokin said:

:) Great!

The situation was resolved, our flag(s) were flown, and the "end of the World as we know it" has been delayed a bit.  <whew>

No harm, no foul.  No need for armed insurrection.

;)

I disagree, there was harm done by the idiot that told everyone to take down their USA flags.  Just because they reversed their decision, it doesn't change the fact some commie pinko overly Politically Correct ignoramus told upstanding Americans to take down their American Flags.  That idiot should be fired and given a one-way airplane ticket to North Korea.  If he wants to live in a country where it is OK to tell the citizens to stop their patriotic behavior, then he should move to a country that is happy to tell all of it's citizens exactly what they can & can not do.  He has no place living in a FREE Society.

=) OUTstanding !!!=)

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227

I love the name calling. I love America, and I guess I would be considered one of those in the Fox army. 

What Army do you belong to?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I love the name calling. I love America, and I guess I would be considered one of those in the Fox army. 

What a silly question.  
  • johnkitchens
    I do like the KISS Army! 

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015

Well, sir . . .  If you truly believe that the situation described in that opinion piece is actually an act committed by people who are less patriotic than you, then you may be correct when you say, "I guess I would be considered one of those in the Fox army."

I won't dispute that.  Wouldn't dare. =)

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938

I know your question isn't directed at me, but just to clarify, I am not a part of the FOX Army.  I am fiscally conservative and morally liberal.  I don't like the government taking my money and spending it on stupid stuff, and I don't like the Moral Majority telling me which position to use in bed or what I can & cannot consume.

I am an adult, I don't need or want Uncle Sam to be my mommy. 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• johnkitchens
    @Sardonicus my comment was directed at you. You are the one that mentioned the Fox Army. Slide name calling is childish. Thanks for calling me sir.

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    @Sardonicus my comment was directed at you . . .

I know.

• johnkitchens
    The End.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Zmokin said:

I know your question isn't directed at me, but just to clarify, I am not a part of the FOX Army.  I am fiscally conservative and morally liberal.  I don't like the government taking my money and spending it on stupid stuff, and I don't like the Moral Majority telling me which position to use in bed or what I can & cannot consume.

I am an adult, I don't need or want Uncle Sam to be my mommy. 
    Libertarian? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    The End.

Of the world as we know it?

:|

• johnkitchens
    Possibly.

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    Possibly.

Whatever keeps your blood flowing, sir.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    DMW said:
    Libertarian? 
    Card carrying!!!  I even ran for Congress one year.  I've got a ballot with my name on it, I got to vote for myself.

Most people register to vote with a political party, but much fewer ever truly "join" their political party.
    I've joined as I believe our nation could be so much better if more people joined 3rd political parties and stripped the Demopublicans and the Republicrats of their stranglehold on our nation.  The 2-party system is broken, read through the party platforms and pick the political party that most closely aligns with your own value system.  If that ends up being a Republican or Democrat, so be it, but if it ends up being Independent, or Green, or Natural Law, or Libertarian, or other, please stop feeling you have only a choice of two and join one of these smaller parties, help them grow so we can break the back of the two party system we all suffer with.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Sardonicus
    edited March 2015

Yesssss . . . .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I have a hard time getting upset about this.  The whole thing seems kind of silly, but it's the perfect story to drum up resentment over political correctness or some such nonsense.  

If I had to guess, rules like these at BBQ competitions have a history associated with slightly different flags being lofted:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bweaver
    bweaver Posts: 112
    I think that the flag should have strips of bacon for the stripes. Stars and Stripes of bacon.....
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I have a hard time getting upset about this.  The whole thing seems kind of silly, but it's the perfect story to drum up resentment . . .

Well, you'd danged well better start getting upset there, Mister!

In about nine months, we're all gonna hafta fight in yet another war!

Again.

(Whatever you do, don't refer to the 'Army' using the "F" word!)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    They're filming Sharknado 3.  All is well.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• johnkitchens
    Sorry I couldn't reply before now. I was at a board meeting at my country club with the rest of the blue bloods that I hang around with.