Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Welcome hubby - I'm helping to support his BGE passion!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been watching JJPLN research the BGE for months now. I'm his wife. He has wanted one for a long time. He finally did it and bought the large one today. [p]I just want to thank all of you for your support, words of wisdom, shared experiences, delicious recipes and wonderful photos. The BGE is soon to be a part of our everyday life. I'm hungry![p]I also enjoy when he reads the forum messages aloud. Although he'll probably be upset with me for saying so, I'm jealous that pork gets rubbed more than I do! :)[p]Please, if you see JJPLN post a message, respond ASAP as he (we) are just starting out with our first BGE. It's really cute out there on the deck! I've already taken it's baby photos![p]He'll probably be upset that I wrote this but from the comments I've heard from you folks, I just know you're like backyard neighbors and will understand. (I hope)[p]Thanks again for all the information you've provided to get him/us to this point. Any beginner suggestions are welcome although he has researched this for months and I'm sure he'll be a pro in no time.[p]MrsP

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Mrs JP,[p]Welcome to the neighborhood! Tell hubby to ask whenever he has a question about anything - there's always someone around who will reply quickly.[p]Don't let him have ALL the fun...claim some Egg time for yourself.[p]Cathy

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Mrs JP,[p]Welcome to you both. Someone is always around to help point you/him in the right direction if needed, just ask. [p]Tim
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Mrs JP, welcome to the world of real BBQ and the BGE - if you have 1/2 the fun that I have had over the last year - you'll be really glad you got your baby![p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Mrs JP,[p]A hearty welcome to the forum and family. Ask anytime as someone is almost always here and willing to help.[p]Spin
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Pretty cool, Mrs. JP. Welcome aboard.[p]Puj
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Mrs JP,
    Welcome to the 'cult o' the Egg'let the fun begin! My wife loves everything I cook on Eggie and has NO desire to take a turn in front of Mr. Egg. You'll find your neighbors becoming more friendly around dinner time...mine did! One even offered to pay me to do a chicken for him and his wife every week.
    Carey

• char buddy
    Options
    Mrs JP,[p]Mr. JP is a lucky man.
  • Sundown,[p]Thanks for your support! I guess you met my hubby at the store. He did his first meal last night and I can still imagine the taste! It was delicious! I've been hungry all day - he just went 'food' shopping.[p]I'm looking forward to using the Egg myself. Hes really patient with instructions and I'm almost ready - except for the lighting stage. [p]This is a fun new venture. [p]Thanks to all of you out there with your Eggs![p]Mrs JJPLIN

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mrs JP, Its been a long time since I have read a message filled with so much underlying love and romance for ones spouse. You are both blessed, and the BGE will make it even better..
    Big Cheers...Char-Woody[p]

• Char-Woody,[p]So, do we call you Char? Or Woody? We're going to have to search the archives for the history of the 'Char Woody' name. [p]Thank you for your support and kind words. You must be a sentive one! Yes, there is love and romance within our home - sharing the Egg is just one more way to do things together - fun~N~food! [p]A big huge thanks to ALL of you that have responded to my post. I didn't realize there were so many of you out there until I started stopping by myself. JP used to read posts aloud while I was across the room on my computer. Now we're both in the forum at the same time! :)[p]Thanks again to all,
    Mrs JP