Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congrats to Kelley (Egg Obsessed) And Bruce (No Joke Smoke) on 2nd Place Chili Cookoff

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum

Everyone knows about Kelley and Bruce's award winning BGE Smoked Brisket Chili. They took 2nd place out of 40 teams this weekend. Weather was cold and wet. I would estimate somewhere between 2,500-3,000 tasters braved the weather.

Again congratulations to Kelley and Bruce.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Congrats!  Excellent chili. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Love to taste test a little bit of that myself!  Congrats folks!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If they used the same recipe I'd definitely agree......it's AMAZING!!  I absolutely love it and have never found anyone who would say otherwise!  Congrats and thanks for sharing with the rest of us hacks.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congradulations to them for sure. Wish that they would have taken first place!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    Congrats to them! That is awesome! Reppin BGE well!
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats!  That's a whole bunch of chili to have made for a venue that size. :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    They had started with10+ gallons of BGE Smoked Brisket Chili and had about a quart at the end. That's about 1.5 oz per serving. Needless to say, that's a lot of chili dipping.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NoJokeSmoke
    NoJokeSmoke Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you @Hotch! It was a fun and we had a fabulous time with you and Shelly at this event! Of course, we would have loved to have taken 1st Place as we did last year, but felt very good getting our number called at all having some stiff competition in place this year.  We figure 1st place one year and 2nd the next, we must be doing something right  :).

Kelley (@EggObsessed) and I really appreciate Hotch and Shelly for battling and withstanding the weather to come down to Austin from north of Dallas.  The weather turned a 4 hour drive into an 8 hour drive, but they persevered!!  We thank them for working so hard to help us take home another win!!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Congrats!  It is a well deserved award. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words.  We are really excited!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I cook it all the time for myself and request for others. Funny, Bruce and Kelly's name ever come up.  =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN