Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dragon's Breath

Options
Does anyone use this lump?  I do not care for it.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What's your critique? I have never used it but would be interested to see your review versus Naked Whiz Charcoal review 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Does anyone use this lump?  
    I have been wanting to try it. I have heard good things about it. Now that a fellow egghead gave it a thumbs down, I will pass and stick with OO & RW. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    I find it the best of the cheap brands, but now that I say that I'm burning Nature's Own Sugar Maple from Costco...even cheaper. Don't have the choice of brands that most of you have.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I tried one bag. Liked it even less than BGE lump. Lots of really small pieces and dust. Took a long time for the white smoke to clear. 
    GWN
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nanook said:
    I tried one bag. Liked it even less than BGE lump. Lots of really small pieces and dust. Took a long time for the white smoke to clear. 
    Exactly what nanook stated.   Takes a long time to get clear good smoke.   I don't know how the naked whiz site rates it high.  

Best I have used so far is Rockwood and Wicked Good.  I have a few bags of Oazark oak that I have not tried yet.  

Garnerville, NY
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    I've used this in the past for high heat cooks - burns really hot. Now I stick to Maple Leaf for all of my cooks. As others have said, too many small pieces.  
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Philicious
    Philicious Posts: 346
    Options
    Yes, I have had 2 big bags (20# each) and I do not like it.  It takes a long time for the smoke and smell to clear and it burns real fast with tons of ash and lots of unburned pieces in the bag.
    If you need to order DB to get some to try, you might as well get the RW or OO and save yourself the disappointment.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.