Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometer does not fit hole

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to purchase a small or medium and came home with a large. All of the display models had stainless dampers and the dealer said all the new eggs came with them. I guess the one he sold me must have been old cause it has a black painted one. Oh well will have to talk to him about that. The thermometer he sold me has a diameter that is much to large to fit in the hole in the egg. Don't know if it's a BGE thermometer or not. Should i try to enlarge the hole or find one to fit it.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />JJPLIN,[p]Yes. I forgot what size it is but run a drill bit of the same size first, try thermometer, then run a larger bit through. You don't want it bigger than it has to be. The new thermometers have a tiny bit larger diameter than the older holes (which you sound like you have). You can always add a SS damper - I did on mine.[p]Welcome aboard!![p]Tim
  • JJPLIN,
    John, is that you? Jump in Jeff about the damper. The floor models had them...the assumption is the one you bought should have. Good luck.[p]Carey

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    JJPLIN,[p]The stainless is nice to have but not essential. [p]Welcome to the forum and family - you won't regret getting the large![p]Cathy