Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Better than last night's dinner

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]This afternoon I did the 4.5# sirloin tip roast that I had mentioned in the post last night. This turned out MUCH better. All I did for spices was some garlic powder, salt & pepper and injected some Worcestershire sauce. I got the medium up to about 300 and had one chunk of cherry & one chunk of hickory for smoke. I slow roasted it for about a hour until the internal was between 125 and 130 in a couple of places. Took it out and covered with foil to set for a while. [p]Here it is after taking off a few slices:[p]P2260023.jpg[p]And a close up:[p]P2260021.jpg[p]That's is what I was really craving for last night, so craving satisfied!![p]After taking the roast off, put on 12 boneless/skinless chicken breasts to have for lunches/quick dinners this week. These turned out pretty decent also. I think that should cover us for a while.[p]P2260024.jpg[p]I used four different rubs on the breasts. The good part is that I can't remember which breast got which rub, so it makes for interesting eating not knowing for sure which flavor you get until the first bite. I just know they are all good![p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• fsmith
    fsmith Posts: 43
    Options
    Jay,
    What were the specifics on the chicken as far as time and temp, direct/in? My wife likes to buy those from Costco and use them all different ways. I'd like to do them on the egg but hadn't seen anytihng about those specifically.

thanks,
    fred
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    SSN686,
    Hi, Jay. I love doing boneless chicken breasts like that. It seems like I have a pan in my fridge all that time that looks like yours in the photo. There are soooo many things to do with them:[p]* slice thin for sandwiches
    * slice on top of a salad (quickest lunch ever)
    * heat on the stove top with monterey jack and mushrooms
    * mix a shredded breast and some half-cooked broccoli into alfredo sauce and serve over thin spaghetti
    * and when cold weather is coming, I shred two of them and mix with chicken stock, sauteed celery and onions and cooked rice for some good quick soup. [p]Like you said, the flavor is a bit different every time because of the rubs. DP Tsunami Spin on the breasts that go into soup is pretty high on my list.[p]I think I'll do a load of those tonight while we're eating the tri-tip.[p]Good day tooya.[p]Joyce