Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked Up 4 Mini Maxes at Once...

Options
hapster
hapster Posts: 7,503
Or actually that was what I was thinking as my wife handed over the check for these...

of course once I saw this smile I forgot all about egging. Scoot only has to wear for a year or less and then she should be good. I'm thankful that we can pay for these without too much sweating about it...

And if she keeps the grades up, there may be a mini or max in her future LOL

Comments

• cortguitarman
    Options
    I hear you. My mini max savings went out the door for a new set of snow skis.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Braces were on all 3 of my kids. :money: 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    thats what they told me too when i was young, 1 year turned into 2 then the surprise head gear. then there was tinsel teeth, railroad tracks, stump grinder, cheese grater =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Money well spent my friend.  It'll ensure that the smile stays and stays.  Although, it looks like today's braces are heavy on the bling factor.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    @Jeepster47 probably dropped a few XL's on my mouth.

Lucky your money went to a girl.  I've managed to chip, break, and knock loose a number of my expensive pearly whites.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    We paid for braces x3, it's worth it as long as they follow through with retainers, etc.  Kids think they're done when the braces come off and some learn the hard way how quickly that work can be undone by not following through.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Family always come first I say, good choice.  Now I can't afford the Mini Max and the wife said no, but she did yes to this and it should be here today.  I will let you know how it cooks soon.  It's not an egg, but I couldn't pass up the price.  They only had them in black right now.

http://www.totallyfurniture.com/rta-kahuna-kh-13r.html?ref=gs
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    hapster said:
    Or actually that was what I was thinking as my wife handed over the check for these...

of course once I saw this smile I forgot all about egging. Scoot only has to wear for a year or less and then she should be good. I'm thankful that we can pay for these without too much sweating about it...

And if she keeps the grades up, there may be a mini or max in her future LOL
    Been there , done that. Ouch, but oh well, could be worse.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Priceless smile.  :smiley: Well worth the coin. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    She will appreciate it when its over, nice to see they match them to her eyes

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Just 1 year? Must be nice.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    No one had that option in my house growing up lucky mine ended up fine without.
    My wife meanwhile has a stunning flawless smile, well worth the $
    Seattle, WA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You are lucky my wife just had her last invisalign appointment last week. Total was right around 10 MM. Glad you are getting it done for her when she's young.
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    My Pop never sprung for braces when I was a kid.  Said my crooked teeth came in handy.  Stuck a beer bottle in my mouth and smacked me upside the back of my head.  Opened 'em every time.  Man I sure was glad when twist offs came along...

Living Large and XL

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @henapple ... Wow did the BS meter peg on that post ... now the needle is bent backwards.

You should point out that if one thinks their kids will need braces when they are older, they should have a consult when the kids are young - single digit young.  We waited until our kids were older and it was harder to get their teeth straight.  Our grandson had temp braces when he was six or seven and they helped straighten his teeth and reshape his jaw slightly ... final straightening will be much easier when he's ready.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    In the middle of set 1. Got another to look forward to in a year or so...  Oh well, what do ya do?  Got to take care of the kiddos.  
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    You just read the check wrong . It said grill repair. It's nice you can afford to give your kid this. I know a lot of our parents couldn't. You should be proud.  

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    lilwooty said:
    My Pop never sprung for braces when I was a kid.  Said my crooked teeth came in handy.  Stuck a beer bottle in my mouth and smacked me upside the back of my head.  Opened 'em every time.  Man I sure was glad when twist offs came along...
    Thank you.  I needed this laugh today.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnkitchens
    Options
    My son had one set. My daughter is on her second set. Lot of money, but we have to do it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    On set # 3 here.  I wish I could get a set for the cost of four mini-maxes.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    I hear ya Hap, my daughter is getting the bottom put in Monday, it's going to be a long road but we are thankful!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    It's a good thing that you have your priorities straight!!
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Good for you Hap..Great parents looking out for their beautiful daughter...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....