Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Left work early & fired up the Egg

Options
We have a winter storm headed in so I decided to cook up a few bone-in chicken breast and veggies/potato to hold us over for the next few days. 
I used Texas Grand Champion rub on 4 of the breasts and Jack Daniels Marinade on the other 2.. The Wife & I much preferred the rubbed chicken to the marinade.  The kids preferred the JD.  

I brought the Egg up to 400 and off she went.  After placing the chicken and veggies in, it took about 45 minutes for the temp to come back up. This was a simple meal that was devoured by my family of 4! 

Loving the simplicity of cooking on the egg! I fear I am addicted, as I am already planning the next 2 cooks in my head... 

Chesapeake Virginia 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I have so many cooks back-logged it's sad.  Would venture to say I'm set for the next 20 years.  

Good looking cook.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• BigGreenGator
    Options
    LoL ... This is a common occurance for me ... Leaving early for Egging

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• llrickman
    Options
    Since when does a winter storm stop cookin on the egg???  =)=)
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM