Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The family just grew again...

Options
I stopped in to my dealer today to talk to them because I found out they are going out of business. I wanted to get emailed copies of my receipts for any future warranty issues. While I was there I noticed they were closing out everything. So I had to pick up a Mini. The Large and Small are excited about the new baby sister in the family. Now I must read everyone's favorite Mini cooks and prepare for my first cook on it this weekend.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    You will LOVE the mini. That thing is the workhorse around my house. Can handle much larger than most think. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    You have the fever!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Too bad about the dealer, but a great score for you. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Congratulations on the new lil one!

If you order the Mini Woo today, you might even have it by the weekend. I think most mini owners would agree that it's a very useful tool. Grab the stones on Amazon and you'll be all set for a weekend of egging on the mini. Don't worry, you won't even need a bag of charcoal... you can use what's left in your L and S eggs.  =)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Couple of months ago, I would have told you you had just wasted a buncha money, deal or no deal. But I have recently cooked pork loin, burgers, jerk chicken and pork, steaks, more I'm forgetting I'm sure, and have changed my tune.  Nice little cooker. Lights quickly too. Little hard to control temps, but I'm gettin there. I havent yet tried my DigiQ.

Oh, you may want to consider a woo from CGS. And the Amazon 8" pizza stones. I use one for indirect cooks. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. I am excited. I really hadn't even considered one until today. These are some awesome cooks you have posted!
    Columbus IN
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! Mini should make for a happy egg family. :grin: Enjoy
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Your dealer is going out of business? I know it's a hike, but if you're ever in Broad Ripple, check out Chef JJ's place, just behind Fed Ex along the river in North Indy. Better yet, come on up to EggFest on May 16, I'll be cooking, would be great to meet you. Buy tickets at http://chefjjs.com/

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Leroy (Spring Chicken) used to put these slideshows together. For some mini cook ideas, take a look at his Magic Mini Moments, 8 or 9 different slideshows...

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=magic mini moments&sm=3

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congradulations on the new mini. You will absolutley love the little fellow. I have said it before and will now say it again. The mini is a ass kicking machine. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I stopped in to my dealer today to talk to them because I found out they are going out of business. I wanted to get emailed copies of my receipts for any future warranty issues. While I was there I noticed they were closing out everything. So I had to pick up a Mini. The Large and Small are excited about the new baby sister in the family. Now I must read everyone's favorite Mini cooks and prepare for my first cook on it this weekend.
    I'm pretty sure if I ever come face to face with a mini it will be in my truck 2 minutes later. Congrats! Can't wait to see how it works out for you
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    It's just me and the wife and I use the Mini 80% of the time.  With the Looflighter, I can have the Mini at 500 in about 5-8 minutes.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    What you get out on the price?
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Couple of months ago, I would have told you you had just wasted a buncha money, deal or no deal. But I have recently cooked pork loin, burgers, jerk chicken and pork, steaks, more I'm forgetting I'm sure, and have changed my tune.  Nice little cooker. Lights quickly too. Little hard to control temps, but I'm gettin there. I havent yet tried my DigiQ.

Oh, you may want to consider a woo from CGS. And the Amazon 8" pizza stones. I use one for indirect cooks. 
    Well knock me over...I never thought I would hear you have a nice word to say about the mini.....Does that mean you have moved the mini from the fireplace?  
    +1 for the Woo and the stone.....

Egghead Daron enjoy your mini...the little guy can really cook.  Check out Spring Chicken's The Mini Movies on You tube for some cooking ideas.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • bosco0633
    Options
    what size is the grill on a mini?  That looks great!!
  • Carolina Q
    edited February 2015
    Options
    .....Does that mean you have moved the mini from the fireplace?  
    Did that long ago. Decided not to risk the CO any longer. Better safe than, umm, dead. ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Thanks for info and links. Those youtube videos are full of great ideas and shows the versatility. My son now thinks since I am almost half way to having one of each size, that I should make that my goal. I like the way he thinks.

@DieselkW I almost went to Indy Eggfest last year but couldn't work it out. I hope to this year but my daughter may have a dance recital that weekend. That probably would not go over well if I missed it for Eggfest.

@apinion I got if for $350 with 20lb The Good One charcoal, grate lifter, and ash tool.

@johnskitchens the dealer is retiring after 39 years and none of the kids want to take over the business. Kind of sad but there is a new dealer taking over in town and I have a couple that I can visit in Cincinnati where I work so I'll still be able to feed the addiction.
    Columbus IN