Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic left-overs

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ceramic1.jpg
<p />Ever since I drug "old gassy" out behind the shed - I have had the ceramic BBQ squares. These replaced the lava rocks in my gas grills and they are about 2" square and about 1/2" thick. The have a honeycomb look with thousands of holes going straight thru them. The hype is that grease drips in and burns up - self cleaning. As you can see they stain but high heat cleans them really well. I have had them in before at 500-600 deg to see if they could take the heat and they did. I have them so I am playing with them today since I needed a heat shield to do 3 racks of babies. This covers more area than the firebircks or setter and lets air go through. Might be a nice accessory. Just shows you that you can still use some old gas grill stuff. [p]Tim[p]

Comments