Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First post in forum - tender chuck steaks tomorrow

Hey all. New to this forum but not to the "thin blue smoke".
Transferred from stick burner to BGE last fall. No turning back and kickin it with just about everything I've tried. 

Tomorrow, 1" thick chuck steaks. I'll inject with brisket marinade and soak tonight. Tomorrow during the Daytona 500, I'll fireup and settle the egg at 230. Meat on at 3pm after applying rub of choice. 
To keep these tasty thinner chuckies from over cooking or drying I'll place them in a pan over a bed of sliced onions. Poor in remaining marinade. In this case I have some short rib reduction sauce from previous cook that I'd froze. Cover about 1/3 of the meat in pan. 2/3 exposed to smoke. Flip every 30 or so to get smoke all the way around. The meat pulls moisture from pan after about 140deg internal and keeps things nice and tender.
About 5 I'll add some baking potatoes pre cooked in micro and coated with EVO and sea salt to give skin some good flavor.
Pull all about 6 and enjoy. I'll try and post a pic or 2 if I can figure that out....

Successes, BGE fried chicken, big chuckies, smoked whole tuna loin, BButts, BBack ribs, beef short ribs, slew of appetizers, smoked turkey breasts, whole chickens and smoked pears stuffed with pecans and brown sugar served with vanilla ice cream....!  Man that was sinfully good. I've tried plenty more but not a big brisket yet. Just me and the wife still at home so...... Life's good!
Life's short on this big rock.... Enjoy while you can!

Comments