Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you make Photobucket work now?

Options
Was using HTML on Photobucket. Stopped working on last change here. WHAT WORKS NOW?
Tried IMG (for old forum) and DIRECT. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I couldn't get PB to work either but I rarely post pics from there anyway.  Why don't you just attach direct from your phone or pad?? Just the the black envelope and choose select file. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nvrmind 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    edited February 2015
    Options
    experimenting:

I copied the "Direct" link in photobucket, then pasted it into the "Image URL" block in the "Leave a comment" block, seems to have worked.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• CowtownEgger
    CowtownEgger Posts: 116
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Ft. Worth, Tx |  Union Pacific Railroad  |  Texas Tech University

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

• Mickey
    Options
    Crap

• Mickey
    Options

• Mickey
    Options
    Thank you @Mattman3969

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Works for me using the attachment icon ... 
  • CowtownEgger
    Options
    Test

___________________________________________________________________________________

• CowtownEgger
    Options
    Test 2

• CowtownEgger
    Options
    Test 3

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Should work like most sites... right click or copy image url, paste in URL location. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mickey
    Options
    Sure be nice when they change something to send out a damn note. 

• CowtownEgger
    Options
    copied direct link and URL link from PB in the 3 tests above.  0 for 3

• CowtownEgger
    Options

• CowtownEgger
    Options

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Test

XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Way to big! 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    What is the purpose of photo bucket?  Is this where you upload photos you want stored?  I use Google and haven't had issues on storage space and it's free. Does pb offer something more than storage?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I approve this thread.  =)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What is the purpose of photo bucket?  Is this where you upload photos you want stored?  I use Google and haven't had issues on storage space and it's free. Does pb offer something more than storage?

How do you use Google for posting on the forum? I've been using the free version of PB and it works well, but I can upload to pics to Google as well. Just haven't used it to post pics on the forum.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    Had the same issue but looks like @Mickey, you figured it out. But in photobucket, I would just resize the pic the the recommended (480x6something) and then would left click, copy and then paste it into the body of the post. It worked for me after the direct and HTML links stopped working. Which was around when the buttons came back.
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @caliking I upload directly from my device (Android HTC One M8). But, then my photos automatically upload to my Google. If for some reason I delete a photo I can go to Google cloud and download to upload to here on the forum. Can't upload directly from the Google cloud although that would be a nice feature. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    Options
    @NPHuskerFLGot it. I usually post threads from my computer since I take most pics with my dslr. I'll play around with google to see what the options are.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @caliking and
    You can directly post a photo that is hosted on Google. That's what I usually do when I'm on my PC. The workflow is awkward at best on mobile.

• Upload photo to Google. This can be done automatically from a smartphone with auto-upload turned on. If using a PC (card from your DSLR) you can upload photos via the web UI at http://photos.google.com
    • In photos.google.com select the photos you want to post. Note that when you hover over a photo you can click the check mark from gray to blue to indicate it is selected.
    • Once the photos are selected click "Share" at the top of the page.
    • In the "Share" dialog window that comes up, set the "To:" Field to public and click the "Share" button.
    • After you have shared it, click on the "View Post" link that pops up. If you miss it (it does go away), no big deal. Just go to your Google+ home page. You can find this by hovering over the "Photos" drop down directly below the "Google+" heading at the upper left on your screen.
    • Open your post and then right click on the image you want to post.
    • Choose "Copy image URL" (Chrome browser), "Copy Image Address (IE), or whatever the nomenclature is for your browser to copy the address of the image you are right-clicking on.
    • Now come back to the forum (I keep it open in a separate tab). Compose your post and where ever you want your image to show up, click the attachment box and rather than clicking "Choose Files", paste the link you now have on your clipboard in the Image URL dialog

Here is what is currently cooking away in my XL, I need to go wrap the ribs now.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    Options
    @DMW - much thanks for the detailed instructions! 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2015
    Options

test

wow pretty much broken on my windows phone , can't post pics in mobile or full format. Thanks!

Seattle, WA