Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

"Fluffier" pizza crust

Rich GRich G Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all. I finally got around to making my first outdoor pizza tonight. Had a lot of fun with the four year old as she got to make her own pie. The temp settled around 550 or so, and I cooked the pizza (about a 7 incher) for 9-10 minutes. The crust was kinda crispy and the "rim" didn't have much fluff to it. I'm not looking for super fluffly, but this was kinda flat/chewy. So, any advice for a slightly fluffier crust? I was thinking perhaps a bit of a proofing period after forming the crusts?[p]I used Mr. Hyde's pizza dough recipe that Tania posted a while back. I only had time to let it rise in the fridge for about an hour, so I'm thinking that I rushed it a bit and didn't get enough bubble formation??[p]Thoughts?[p]Oh, it was yummy (mine had red sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms on it.) :)[p]Thanks![p]Rich

Comments