Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small "BUTTS"

Options
Tujax
Tujax Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So we are going skiing tommorrow and I thought I'd make a Pork Butt, so off to the store I go and ask the kid at the counter for a 10lb Pork Butt. He comes out with this little 6lb'r and tells me they do not have any bigger....(my comment to him) "boy you guys got small Butts around here!!!!".....(lady behind me starts cracking up)..."well give me the biggest you have!!!!" After much searching the kid gets me a 10lb'r like I asked for. Now for the problem.....I put it on a 10:00pm last night with alittle hickory and mesquete get the temp regulated and crash, then I get up at 7:00am and check on the goods and that damn "Cowboy Charcoal" just went out...Butt at 145 deg...last time I use that crap!!!! Reload the egg and here it is at Noon and that Butt is at 204 deg. Let me see a 10lb'r X 2 hr per LB should be about 20 or so hours unless my kid added that wrong, And this thing is done it 14 hours.
Yes the thermometer is calibrated but does that cooking time sound right to you?
Iam thinking because this is a "Bone IN Butt" that made the cooking time shorter.

Comments