Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cannot believe how good it was ... really!

Options
Pig Picker
Pig Picker Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
EGG - 2 Failures - 0[p]Here is a recap of the first two events.[p]1st game (ever)[p]2 new york strips. I am surprised at how easily my Medium sized Egg reaches 700 degrees. I do them at 3 minutes per side and close the vents and let them set for 5 minutes. It was a blow out. A more perfect steak I've never tasted.[p]2nd game[p]Turkey legs! Huzzah! Following the advise of Fireball, I set the temp at around 300, closer to 325 is were it stablized. Put in my drip pan and rack. I had only coated the 6 legs with salt, pepper and peanut oil. 2 and 1/2 hours later the legs were a beautiful amber. I wanted to try them without any kind of wood chips to test the flavor and I was simply amazed. With just the lump I tasted a delightiful smokey flavor that was absolutely great ... no lie. [p]So juicy and moist that I hoisted a leg in the air and screamed a triumphant HUZZAH!!!!![p]I predict the Egg to go undefeated for quite some time. I don't even really know what I'm doing yet and I get results like these two tries. I LOVE IT.[p]Hopefully, I can squeeze in a baby back rib match by this weekend.
PP

Comments