Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Egg

2»

Comments

• Lecky
    Lecky Posts: 60
    Just spoke to my guy today and he said he would give me the med for $549, this decision is getting harder.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    What accessories do you already have for the large? Being able to use what you already have in both eggs would be great, rather than maybe needing to buy everything you already have in a slightly smaller size.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Any accessories you buy for the medium you can save in the cross usage with another lg. I don't know if you second guessed the first egg but if you did you already know the outcome. Joy
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Another vote for a medium as a second egg. I started with a large and picked up a medium on craigslist. It's my go to egg for the two of us.

Gets hot fast and uses less lump.
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • I still vote for the large. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lecky
    Acn said:

What accessories do you already have for the large? Being able to use what you already have in both eggs would be great, rather than maybe needing to buy everything you already have in a slightly smaller size.

Plate setter, cast iron grate, pizza stone.

• Lecky

I still vote for the large. 

how could you not, look at how great they look together in your new table.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Lecky said:
    Plate setter, cast iron grate, pizza stone.
    Those are perfect. If you get a medium, all you need is the woo and stone.

If you get a large, you will need the AR, AR extender, spider,oval stone, round stone, oval stone foil ring, etc...

Oh... and beer for the fridge!  =)

Either way, you win. (Get what you want but I love my medium the most.)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    I have medium and added a KJ Classic (similar in size to a large egg).  For $100 difference, I would go with another large.  You can cook direct on one egg and indirect on the other.    Also, you can go with an ashdragon divider for extra flexibility.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    I would love to have another large.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Seems a 2nd LG would be ideal because of accessory sharing. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Seems a 2nd LG would be ideal because of accessory sharing. 
    On the surface that sounds right, but ...

One large with a plate setter, PSWoo, normal grill, and some form of extra raised grill makes a convenient package.  As long as you're not trying to cook an overload of butts, ribs, briskets, or similar, then it works well.

A second large egg without the plate setter, but with a spider, indirect stone, AR package, and grill extender seems like a very complimentary package.  Can't imagine sharing any (maybe the spider and a wok) components between the two ... can you?

With the above set up, it's not really a second twin-type large, but two different cooking configurations ... yes/no?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Buy both. Problem solved. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Lecky
    Buy both. Problem solved. 
    Wish I had your money Buckeye ;-)
  • Lecky
    Today I picked up the large, I really appreciate everyone's input. It was a tough decision for me but I'm happy I went with it. the best was my guy gave it to me for $679. Now all I need is some warm weather so I can modify my existing table.
  • grege345
    Awesome! I'm a fan of your Honda. Great vehicle. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    That's cheap, nice deal.
    Seattle, WA
  • I have a large and a small. I use the large almost daily and haven't really found a place for the small. And it's pretty heavy too so not hugely portable. With hindsight I'd either do another large, medium or the mm for proper portability. 
  • You made the right decision. That was a killer price. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lecky
    I spoke to my guy about a pallet of wicked good and he's going to get back to me on a price, anyone around New Jersey interested in some bags let me know,  my buddy Seth and I are going to split it and we will get rid of 15+ bags.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Congrats on your decision. Might as well start planning for the 3rd egg now. Make that table bigger.  =)
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • grege345
    @Lecky what part of jersey? I may want in

• Lecky
    grege345 said:
    @Lecky what part of jersey? I may want in
    Central jersey, Union county
  • grege345