Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anything not to miss while in Salado for three days?

Options
PNWFoodie
PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
I admit, as previously disclosed, I've tried to blank out my Killeen memories. Flying into DFW early Friday morning and planning on going to Old South for breakfast. Won't need lunch with the meet and great on Fri night. (Please tell me how I can help) Sat breakfast is covered by the Inn, then the fest, then the after party, then Sunday breakfast at the Inn. Anything I just can't miss before flying home, again out of DFW, Sunday night?
XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
Sandy

Comments

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Hopefully you will the the traffic on I35 North on Sunday.
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I would add hugging Mickey to the list. God knows @henapple does enough, not saying I dont like it. Just saying
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    You must also participate in the time honored tradition of drinking at least one of @henapple's cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon from his cooler. If you've never had PBR in a can it will be a test of your fortitude because it's not polite to just taste it and then make an ugly face and pour the rest out (which is what any normal human would do). You have to drink the whole can and pretend to enjoy it lest you offend the heathens that think it is potable.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • PNWFoodie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Foghorn My grandpa, may he rest in peace, bought PBR, in cans, when he was splurging on "the good stuff." AND if he was feeling especially indulgent, he would sprinkle a little salt in it! I loved that man and miss him dearly. I will gladly raise the old red, white, and blue can with @henapple . :)
    Sandy
  • henapple
    Options
    @PNWEgger ...I'll gladly give you the code to the yeti.
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    @Mickey Consider it done, sir. :)
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    @henapple Looks like you'll be getting hugs, too, sir. :)
    Sandy
  • henapple
    Options
    @PNWEgger. ..you'll have to fight @Mickey‌ off of me.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Em eye sea Kay e why
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

You're only allowed one of the PBR's... I've got my eye on the rest.

@Mickey - the question is if Linda is okay with @henapple hugging you??

Seriously though, try the Salado Olive Oil Company. You can taste a bunch of samples then decide what you want to buy. May not have fancy pedigree, but we enjoy the 18yo balsamic and white balsamic that we picked up there. Not an option if you only have a carry-on for your travels though.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    @caliking Thanks for the tip! I'm adding it to my list. I'm thinking I may need to pack an extra bag in my carry on just in case.
    Sandy