Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuban Sandwich Stuffed Pickles

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,027
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
My mind always seems to wonder everywhere but what I'm supposed to be doing most of the time. For some reason it wondered off into cuban sandwich territory. My brain then pondered if I could put a cuban sandwich inside a pickle. I couldn't find anything online for such a recipe. So I was on my own. I started with a pork tenderloin. Seasoned and smoked on the egg. While the tenderloin was smoking my wife and I cored out some pickles. We also diced ham, swiss cheese and salami while the pork was on the egg. Once the pork was done we diced it as well and stuffed the pickles. We used a mustard dressing called Goddess from Trader Joes for the mustard. It actually tastes like a Cuban sandwich when all said and done! I will be doing these at a local eggfest this weekend. Definitely wanted to try these out before heading up north for the fest. Green light!!!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments