Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craigslist Laugh

Options
These people are out of their minds!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/4889415736.html
LBGE, Joe Jr., Weber 22.5 gold, 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Typical cl...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

MM - the new " you need some new speakers?"
    New Albany, Ohio 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    unfortunately there will be some sucker that will buy it.  

As David Hannum said about PT Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Craigslist is quickly becoming "Crooks List". 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Peak
    Peak Posts: 12
    Options
    OMG, my local rep has them for 550.00 on the shelf. Like what was said earlier, " there is one born every minute!"
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Someone will buy it.  Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average American.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    There is someone near trying to push a medium on CL for 800 with the same M.O.(got 2, only need 1). It's been posted for about 2 years. I always get a chuckle.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Set up a meet...then offer them $400 in person. People have tried that crap with me numerous times. "Sorry, this is all I have". I wish them a good day and they usually come up with the rest. Lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options

Craigslist is quickly becoming "Crooks List". 

I've always thought it was crooks list.
    Crooks selling stolen goods.
    Crooks trying to rip you off, as sellers and as buyers.

If I was ever to try and sell something on Craig's list, the buyer would have to agree to meet me in the local police department parking lot for transfer of item and money.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Too many CL buyers are lured and then get shot. $1K Cash only ?....ya sure okay and a CCW and a friend or two! Kiss my grits I wouldn't do it.
    http://fox2now.com/2015/02/01/police-man-posing-as-dog-buyer-shot-killed-by-craigslist-sellers/
    http://m.kltv.com/kltv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:ZcqtWo1g

Or the seller could get jacked. But, to take a MM is more difficult than snagging a thousand or so. I'm just saying don't allow yourself to become a victim. Be proactive and smart about the exchange if you buy or sell anything on CL. Personally for a grand I'd wait till my dealer received a shipment.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

I'm still looking for that garage sale with the dusty old $25 Egg that was never used.

Spring "I'll Give You My Last $14 For It" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Options
    FWIW: I've sold and bought several items from craigslist without a problem.
    First: Know the product. It's your fault and yours alone if you buy something used for more than new. You're the one who failed to do the research!
    Next: Always buy or sell a gun at a local gun range. Tell the management what you are doing and most will act a a witness to make sure nothing bad happens. Some will even provide a space to do the deal. Some gun stores also allow this but they don't want you to do it unannounced in their parking lot. They know that odds are you or the other guy will come in to buy something from them.
    Last: Our local Sheriff's Department has several substations throughout the county. They allow, and even encourage, craigslist transactions in their parking lot. Again, just tell them what your doing and they keep a sharp eye out.
    Keep you head out of your a** and you shouldn't have a problem.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good the guy brought a friend, but all sorts of red flags should be going off when the buyer offers an extra $500 to meet at midnight!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I buy and sell stuff on CL all the time. Never had an issue actually selling it but its a pain in the butt all the questions and low ball offers you get. I bought a new elliptical and sold my rowing machine the other day and got what I was asking in a day. I have learned though I only respond to people that say I want it and where can I come get it. Some people will go back and forth asking questions for days and I just quit responding to them. Someone locally in the Atlanta area was recently killed over an iphone from CL so now several of the cities offer a service where th epolice will come meet you during the sale.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Lit [-( Using LEO for personal security on a CL exchange. Does the officer get or dept get $ for this "service"? SMH that this is even needed. Sad
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    It is very sad that this is the world we live in. I am sure all of you living in the Atlanta heard about the Runion's. For those that haven't heard they were a couple in their upper 60's living in Marietta, GA. 

They placed an ad on Cragslist looking for a 66 Mustang. A guy in middle GA responded and they drove down to take a look and were never heard from again. A few days went by and they found their car in a pond and their bodies nearby. They both had been shot in the head. 

They have a suspect in custody. Apparently the car never existed. He lured them there for no other reason than to rob and kill them. 

My 76 year old dad loves to buy tractors off of Craigslist. He will travel all over GA and SC meeting strangers and buying tractors. Sometimes my mother will go with him, but most of the time he is alone. 

When she heard about the Runion's she told me that was it. He was finished and would not be buying anymore tractors through Craigslist. 

He bought one the next week from a dealer.  Sad, but people will kill you for 5 dollars much less $25,000.00. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @nphuskerfl I didn't get all the details but I don't believe you have to pay. Guessing you probably have to meet in their parking lot or something like that. It was on th enews here locally a night or 2 ago and it said several cities are offering it now.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @johnkitchens yep heard about it. Disgusting!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014