Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Such a rookie pizza mistake

Options
MaC122
MaC122 Posts: 797
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
Forgot to put the plate setter between my pizza stone and the fire. Burnt ass crust. Threw away and ordered papa johns on Valentine's Day. The worst part is that mellow mushroom charged me $7 for a medium dough that I charred up. Its black underneath, trust me.
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Live and learn. That's a lot for a medium dough. Better luck next time.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    $7 bucks for a medium dough ball????  Sheesh... my local pizza shop charges me $1.75 for a medium... and if it is frozen/thawed first, it does REALLY well!! makes a GREAT pie.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Make your own dough its easy.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    X_X
    Seattle, WA
  • CowtownEgger
    Options
    I love Mellow Mushrooms pizza, especially the Mighty Meaty.  But $7 for a ball of dough!   
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Ft. Worth, Tx |  Union Pacific Railroad  |  Texas Tech University

• CoalCreek
    Options
    shame, the top looks mighty fine!!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I remember one or two like that, back in the early days. I didn't do what you did, but the result was the same. I ate 'em anyway. Wall to wall black on the bottom. I actually thought they weren't ... horrible. Like one big leopard spot. LOL

There are a couple of places around here that charge $3 as I recall. I thought THAT was robbery. No way I'd pay $7.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    you can get whole, already cooked pizzas for less than 7 bucks...  not that good, but you can get them... 
  • Coach292
    Options
    I did one dumber a couple months back. I grabbed the wrong box. I didn't realize I used WAX paper instead of parchment paper until I tried to take it off. Cooked perfect.....then it had to go to the trash. Cussed a lot then ordered papa johns.