Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My wife is complaining about everything tasting the same on the egg

Options
2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Possibly get a lawyer and get rid of this one and get one that likes the food...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt don't know about OP, but I can get several hours out of a bag of RW for $20 or about 5 min out of a lawyer. Cheaper to keep her...
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

@tarheelmatt don't know about OP, but I can get several hours out of a bag of RW for $20 or about 5 min out of a lawyer. Cheaper to keep her...

Okay.. you have a point, I guess... Maybe he needs to use that as a scare tactic to see first.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    Shes probably used to a gasser isn't she? and I don't  mean you

=))

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• theyolksonyou
    Options

Shes probably used to a gasser isn't she? and I don't  mean you

=))

On second thought, maybe skip the Dutch oven.
  • Justacookin
    Options

My wife buys me wood chunks or chips when she see its because she knows how happy it makes me like a kid in a candy  store but then she asks me why is it so Smokey cant win.  

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

My wife buys me wood chunks or chips when she see its because she knows how happy it makes me like a kid in a candy  store but then she asks me why is it so Smokey cant win.  

Maybe she could buy you some punctuation? \:D/ :)>-
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options

Lol boom
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Texansurf
    Options

Her comment is not despricptive on purpose, she is unhappy and is taking it out on your food....

Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Its not nationwide for sure. They have a good locator on the website and @stlcharcoal Is the head honcho. Where you stay @maso ?

For Ace, draw a line from southern Louisiana, through Knoxville TN, then over to North-Central NC..........anything south of that line will have it or be able to order it by the bag.   The website is being updated to reflect this (should go live this week.)  Here's capture of the map.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I had the same complaints from my wife when using BGE lump & RO. Not heard a complaint #1 since I switched to RW or OO

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    This is easy.

Tell her to cook her own damn dinner :D.

Let us know how that goes down.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    If I had to guess, I would bet that you are using Royal Smoke, oops  Oak....

Go with the Rockwood or OO Lump as suggested and I am sure your wife will be happy mine does not like smoke very much.

If that doesn't work, you must have a defective egg and you can send it to me.  This way you can keep your wife and get a gasser to boot!
    Milton, GA.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Once again, I'm glad I'm a red state!
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, But have you done a clean burn lately?

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    Options
    I don't get all these comments about RO and smokiness. I use it all the time and have no such issues. Once it is up and glowing red, it burns very clean for me.
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'd try Rockwood and do what everyone else has said.  That's what I do and I've had spouses of two of my friends say (at different times) - "I really like what he cooked.....everything you do on the egg tastes the same".  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Its not nationwide for sure. They have a good locator on the website and @stlcharcoal Is the head honcho. Where you stay @maso ?

For Ace, draw a line from southern Louisiana, through Knoxville TN, then over to North-Central NC..........anything south of that line will have it or be able to order it by the bag.   The website is being updated to reflect this (should go live this week.)  Here's capture of the map.

Sheeeeeooooooottt!!! Good thing Cowboy is available everywhere. You just got to pick out the fiberglass insulation, plastic strapping, boulders, dead rodents...
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options

OK Mr SmartyPants! Come up to the chalkboard and diagram that sentence for him! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @RRP being married to an English major and being an avid reader, that was too easy to pass up. I believe that to be at least two, possibly three sentences.

edit: could have been alcohol involved also...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options

@RRP being married to an English major and being an avid reader, that was too easy to pass up. I believe that to be at least two, possibly three sentences.

edit: could have been alcohol involved also...

me too! My wife taught English in high school for 37 years!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options

Possibly get a lawyer and get rid of this one and get one that likes the food...

+1