Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying to treat SWMBO right...

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum

She puts up with so much of my crap... hundreds of pounds of lump in the garage, more than a dozen cookers strewn around our property, all the cooking paraphernalia, and generally the a-hole that is me.

But she loves me... and scallops. So I figured that's what her V-day dinner should be. The plan - "dwell in the shell" lobster tails and scallops and some other stuff.

Scallops - Costco, dusted with Tsunami Spin, seared on CI @ 450°F for 1 min per side. Dressed with a board sauce of sorts of cilantro, ginger, thai chilies, olive oil, garlic, and honey.

Lobster tails - about 3/4 lb each (total 1.6lbs) so they were on the large side I think. Rubbed with EVOO, dusted with fresh cracked pepper, and sea salt. Cut the membrane out, cracked the shell longitudinally. Meat side down x 5 mins @ 450°F, then shell side down x 5 mins, until thermapen said 150°F. Spooned on a mix of garlic (lots of garlic!), butter, and basil when they went shell-side down. (The green hue on the tail on the right is from the LED lights on the work/prep table to the right of my eggs).

Sunchokes - Signed up for some granola "farm to market" kind of deal. They deliver to my workplace every week, with an assortment of fresh veg. SV @ 185°F x 1 hr, with butter, honey, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper in the bag.

Rainbow carrots - SV with the sunchokes, but in separate bags. Dusted with  DP Mediterreanish.

Quinoa salad from Costco.

She enjoyed it very much. We had gone out the night before to one of our favorite Italian joints and had a great meal which included prosciutto wrapped scallops. SWMBO said that the ones I made were much better (the ones at the resto were overcooked). Like many of us here, I got a big kick out of cooking something she REALLY enjoys. And for once, I wasn't on call for Valentine's Day!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments