Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef ribs

jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gonna' try some beef ribs today. First time cooking them on The Egg.
Any goo recipes or tips?
Thanks

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    jake42,
    This has been circulating around for a few years.
    Bob

[ul][li]beef ribs[/ul]
  • jake42,
    You know Jake, I love beef but beef ribbs are one type of meat that I can't get used to. So much grease.
    Good luck. Maybe someone has a way of cooking beef ribbs that can make them less greasy. [p]Chef Jerry

• Jwirlwind,
    Maybe I haven't been cooking them long enough to get the grease out of them. Will try next time. [p]Chef Jerry

• jake42,[p]Sorry, I have never tried to cook goo on the egg. I'd love to see pictures of a goo cook though.[p]However, I have done beef ribs with great results. Here's an overview:[p]1) Set up for indirect cooking (inverted plate setter w/drip pan) and get the Egg stable at 250 GRID temperature. (Dome will be higher by up to 50+ degrees.)[p]2) Remove the membrane from the ribs and apply your favorite beef rub.[p]3) When the egg has been stable for at least 30 to 45 min, add your smoking wood. [p]4) Put the ribs on and cook for two hours or so.[p]5) Remove ribs to a foil or roasting pan and add a liquid like apple juice, beer or beef broth mixed with a little more of the rub. Cover the pan with foil and return to egg. Cook for 3 hours and check for tenderness. Pull when they are done to your liking and eat. If they got too tender, firm them up with a medium heat direct grilling for a few minutes.[p]Enjoy!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    100_0172.jpg
    <p />jake42,
    ive cooked them direct and inderect, leaning towards an inderect cook raised grid. i do the mustard and rub thing and spinkle some turbinado sugar on top for a prep and then right on the egg. keep the temps low like a brisket cook, 220. times will vary all over the place(beef ribs are not consistantly trimmed and sizes are large and small, chuck and prime etc). you need good meaty beef ribs for them to cook properly and i would start sampling at about 5 hours and they may go 7

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    BabyBoomBBQ ,
    Thanks.
    I'll let you know how that goo turns out too.