Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dallas BBQ 10/50 Review

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
I planned on being in the Dallas Metro this weekend and asked my daughter to find the location for the new 10/50 restaurant. We had lunch there today and it was quite an experience. When you enter the restaurant you find yourself in an outdoor courtyard with a fence that separates the BBQ pits and grill from the customers. The outdoor covered courtyard is where the line forms to order your choice of smokey protein. Once your main entry item has been served on a paper covered tray, you move inside the restaurant and go through a line to pickup your choice of side items. The selection of different meats and the variety of side dishes are plentiful. We had 8 people in our group and tried the turkey, pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, sausage, brisket and chiken torpedoes. The chicken torpedoes were a ABT stuffed with chicken and rapped in bacon. The cooking area has a large incinerator to produce the wood coals that is transferred to the cookers in a large steel cart and shoveled by hand. There were pallets of wood stored both inside and outside. One pallet I saw was marked "oak." The cookers looked like a large offset cooker, 2 commercial smokers (I'll call them Units 1&2), and a Santa Maria grill. The Santa Maria grill was loaded up with both brisket and chicken torpedoes. All of the meats were carved to order to preserve freshness. The prime brisket had a nice smoke ring, was moist and tender. The pulled pork was soft and succulent with a touch of bark for added texture. The turkey was carved from a smoke encrusted turkey breast and tender and moist. The ribs were cooked to perfection and served dry. The smoked sausage was, well smoked sausage. Even I can't mess up sausage. All of the sides were served fresh and complimented the meat entries. 10/50 served 2 types of tomato based BBQ sauce. A Carolina sauce and a house sauce. I didn't care for either sauce. If you're stilling reading this lengthy review at this point, you're as hooked on BBQ as I am. Oh, and I also visited the CGS in Denton. So far it's been a great trip with the family and grand kids and we've just got started.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments