Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I be concerned?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
I fired up the egg in 15 deg F weather and 30mph gusts for hotdogs? I think I need an intervention.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Nah. I'd do it. Then again, this probably isn't a good group to ask.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    How the hell else were you going to cook them... the microwave?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Wow, were you cooking on the Weber in those conditions too, or just using it as a table/storage?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Who would cook on a weber when you have that big beast beside it. You cook on the weber for people you don't want over to often.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Intervention?? That's a bit extreme for normal behavior, don't you think???  That's like having an intervention because you were breathing.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Weber is just storage for the stone. I cooked pork chops on the Weber Thursday in equally as miserable weather just to see.

Egg is so much better.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    hapster said:

How the hell else were you going to cook them... the microwave?

I thought about it, but the wife got really mad last time. Personally I thought putting cherry wood in the microwave was a good idea.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I assume with the high winds  we've had today that picture was taken after the hotdogs blew off the grill and landed a block over - THAT'S the part to be concerned about - drawing attention to egg cooked meals. Now kids, dogs, etc will be chasing you home!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    No your good you came to the right place 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

" Personally I thought putting cherry wood in the microwave was a good idea."

It's not?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    No napkin. Must lick fingers clean. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:

I assume with the high winds  we've had today that picture was taken after the hotdogs blew off the grill and landed a block over - THAT'S the part to be concerned about - drawing attention to egg cooked meals. Now kids, dogs, etc will be chasing you home!

Funny you mention that. I thought I miss placed my tongs but they blew off the table and landed behind the grill.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

You couldn't go for brats?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2015
    Options

You couldn't go for brats?
    Nah, thats to high brow for me ;)

Truthfully, kids had friends over and kids all love hotdogs. No prep no muss. And I didn't get to grill yesterday so I was jonesin'.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Cooking anything outside on charcoal - even on the ugly Weber step sister is good, egging just makes it better. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Lucky kids, You're ruining Mom's boiled and nuked hot dogs throughout the 'hood. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    The intervention needed is to get you off the dogs and start egging meaningful food.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• JonWesson
    Options
    bump
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road