Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks is unfair!

Options
A little while ago @RRP commented on having a beta version of Thermoworks' new triple timer.  Well, guess what showed up in the e-mail today ... yep, an advert for the triple timer ... called the Timestick Trio!  That's a little irritating, 'cuz my Timestick isn't that old ... certainly not old enough to need replacement ... the first set of batteries haven't died yet. 

The real kicker is that the Trio only comes in black or white right now.  Don't you just know that as soon as we all weaken to the gadget gods and buy one, that they'll come out with other colors?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

Comments

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    When the Orange ones come out they'll be the fastest...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    LOL - I bought the black one so it won't show dirt as I really do intend to use it quite often. BTW FedX says it is out on the truck for delivery today so, sports fans, stay tuned for a picture confirmation!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Ahhhhh......marketing 101!!!!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Do you think these people payed attention to the apple model?
  • RRP
    Options
    Ring-a-ding-ding and the FedX man has arrived!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    I didn't know I needed for three timers until I saw this. Now I don't know how I will manage without it :(
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I will accept any single timesticks from folks upgrading. I promise them a good home.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options

I will accept any single timesticks from folks upgrading. I promise them a good home.

You'll have to be a little more direct than that with Ron ...

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Got the same e-mail, and must have one now! I use my time stick, the microwave timer, and the oven timer often, three in one is the stuff. Thermoworks 1, us 0.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use my Iphone for timers. No idea how many I can do at once but I am sure I could do three. I always have my phone due to my job. I am on call a lot. I do like the timer however.

P.S. RRP@ You still sell gaskets? might need one for my XL. Bottom only.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• TheShaytoon
    Options
    Can you do a countdown on one, and a timer on the other two, and vice versa?

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• RRP
    Options

You'll have to be a little more direct than that with Ron ...
    no, no, no - I think he was talking to ol' Dad gently reminding him that he abandoned him in the desert of AZ to wander aimlessly for 10 years scavaging for nutrition by eating lizards and hacking cactus for water. No, that poor tyke is crying out for Dad...
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @RRP ... yep, I can see that you two have been conversing off line again.  The true store is that he was left in paradise with great support.  Then he made a questionable decision to return to the Mid-west.  When he starts crying on your shoulder, just ignore him.

• RRP
    Options

@RRP ... yep, I can see that you two have been conversing off line again.  The true store is that he was left in paradise with great support.  Then he made a questionable decision to return to the Mid-west.  When he starts crying on your shoulder, just ignore him.

OK - will do - some of those stories he has told me seemed far fetched - like when an alpha she wolf protected him from circling vultures as he lay wounded. That wasn't as bad as his story about a tribe of roaming Navaho blanket weavers stealing his loin cloth leaving him nekked on a cold night. Yea, maybe I better back off believing everything he tells me...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:

OK - will do - some of those stories he has told me seemed far fetched - like when an alpha she wolf protected him from circling vultures as he lay wounded. That wasn't as bad as his story about a tribe of roaming Navaho blanket weavers stealing his loin cloth leaving him nekked on a cold night. Yea, maybe I better back off believing everything he tells me...
    I never lie. I may embelish. It wasn't a whole tribe of Navajo it was only 18. Just the warriors.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    What in the world is everyone timing? The only time I have used a timer in the last 5 years was when I was hungover and went and took a nap in my car at lunch and I'm not even sure that counts cause its more of an alarm.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use it as an alarm to. I forget I am cooking so when the beeper goes off I remember I'm supposed to do something.

I also set a timer for burn off and cool down. After dinner and a few drinks I have been known to forget to snuff it out.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:

What in the world is everyone timing? The only time I have used a timer in the last 5 years was when I was hungover and went and took a nap in my car at lunch and I'm not even sure that counts cause its more of an alarm.

So I'm not the only on sleeping it off at lunch?
    :-bd
  • RRP
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well, here's my first use today. I have been baking butter and salted pecans this morning so I set one timer. Then I needed to make a phone call at a set time today so I sat the 2nd. and then I had lunch on the stove on low heat, but I wanted to not ruin it so I sat the 3rd timer.

Granted this use may seem silly to you, but many times I have had 2 to 4 timers running when I have multiple eggs going or times things need to go on or off the egg. Being able to wear this 3 way timer around my neck keeps we aware.
  • RRP
    Options
    BTW the new trio is slightly larger and heavier than the Time Stick but not enough to be a bother.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why in the world would somebody pay $35 for a timer? I took two seconds to find this free app. I downloaded it and you can assign names to different timers and I had four timers going playing with it.
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    RRP said:

BTW the new trio is slightly larger and heavier than the Time Stick but not enough to be a bother.

Looks to me like you've got 4 timers now :-B

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Progress should stop after you make a purchase.... Got it.
    Jacksonville FL
  • RRP
    Options
    Dobie said:

Progress should stop after you make a purchase.... Got it.

huh? I assume that is a slam, but not sure what you mean so I'll just laugh it off. I just know I will use it many times in many ways.
  • RRP
    Options

Why in the world would somebody pay $35 for a timer? I took two seconds to find this free app. I downloaded it and you can assign names to different timers and I had four timers going playing with it.

cool! I just don't happen to be someone who carries a phone every waking minute...or at all come to think of it!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I envy you Mr RRP!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options

I have to agree @DoubleEgger ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    My problem would be forgetting which timer is timing which event ( unless it was refilling my drink)
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Jeepster47
    Options
    @LKNEgg ... but, you surely don't need a timer to tell when to refill your drink ... that's more of a continuous operation ... yes?  I think @RRP has a note printed in the bottom of his glass to remind him to refill.

• RRP
    Options

@LKNEgg ... but, you surely don't need a timer to tell when to refill your drink ... that's more of a continuous operation ... yes?  I think @RRP has a note printed in the bottom of his glass to remind him to refill.

Yes - I'm a cheap *ss and I decided a note at the bottom of my glass was a cheaper solution than an app on a smart phone to remind me to refill.