Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30 Days To Salado Eggfest Reminder

Options
Thirty days hath September..... So it is with days we hath to Salado.....

If you want to be hath'n fun on March 14th, you should be thinking about registering, making lodging arrangements, determining what to cook, selecting those you want to bring with you, airing out your kilt, etc...

Oh, and let's not forget to save some room in your car for the Mini-Max that you might be lucky enough to win. Or buy, for that matter. The Demo Eggs are at a great price, as are other size Eggs for the occasion. Here's the link to learn more:

http://demoeggs.blogspot.com/

If you are still agonizing over where to spend the night, click here:

http://saladoeggfesthotelinfo.blogspot.com/

If you are looking to see which airport to fly into, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and Austin are your best bets. It's a three hour drive to Salado from Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, and just over an hour from Austin. All of the roads are paved and snow free.

If you are concerned about the weather, we have it on reasonably good authority that it will be clear, upper 60's to lower 70's during the day and upper 40's at night. So bring a sweater or lite jacket just in case. Those of you from the snow country can probably come in your T-shirts.

If you're wondering about the exchange rate for American currency, you're in luck. Texas still accepts American currency in almost all places of business.

And that's about it.

Oh yeah, registering on line is much easier. Go here to register on line:

http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/ (yes, it's free)

Consider yourself reminded.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@Spring Chicken Wow just around the corner.

This year, by request from Judy, will be our Baja Wave Tequila Lime Puled Pork Tacos and Margarita cookies.

I've asked Tom to make a raised grid for my Woo and HiQue grill so we can double the cook of the cookies.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Can't wait
    photo photo-1200.jpg
    photo photo-1606.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If @Hotch is cooking that, I'm not coming. I refuse to be embarrassed. Damn.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

You can't back out now.  You already announced that you're coming.  We'll sic the law on you if you fail to show.  Besides, you would miss all the fun.

See you in Salado.

Spring Texas USA 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I'm debating what to cook, remind me if there is electric available?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Mickey
    Options
    CPARKTX said:

I'm debating what to cook, remind me if there is electric available?

Bring an extension cord
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    @Little Steven home is ready

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    henapple said:

If @Hotch is cooking that, I'm not coming. I refuse to be embarrassed. Damn.

@henapple
    If you cook your Famous MPT's, I will be the one who is embarrassed.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    henapple, are you bringing another pallet of lump this year?

Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • henapple
    Options
    Gonna try...@Mickey‌ (my daddy) has claimed some. I don't wanting to get my a$$ kicked...
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Can anyone wear a kilt or would that be a fashion faux pas for anyone other than the gentlemen on the kilt team?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015
    Options

You mean like this?

I think that would work.  After all, we're ALL there to have fun.

And this is Texas where "fashion faux pas" is a way of life.

Spring Texas USA

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    henapple, I'll be in line right after Mickey for some if that works for you. Loved the rockwood you had last year.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • egger ave
    Options

You mean like this?

I think that would work.  After all, we're ALL there to have fun.

And this is Texas where "fashion faux pas" is a way of life.

Spring Texas USA

Nothing in a kilt at Salado looked anything like this last year. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Angus1978
    Options
    My wife had back surgery and this'll be right at about the 6 week mark....If we can come I'll be registering a week prior provided she can ride in a car for 3 hours
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

Angus1978 - That's fine.  But you can register now and if you can't come, you can't come.  We have a few of those situations every year.  Since there are no fees involved, it's easy.

Or you can wait to register. Up to you.

I've had two back surgeries in recent years and in both instances, I felt much better immediately afterward.  The only reason the doctor didn't want me riding in a car or airplane was the possibility, no matter how small, that there could be a collision or rough flight that might undo the healing to that point, or make things worse. 

I would do what the doctor says.

Best wishes to her recovery.

Hope to see y'all in Salado.

Spring Texas USA

• Angus1978
    Options
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • henapple
    Options
    Popsicle said:

henapple, I'll be in line right after Mickey for some if that works for you. Loved the rockwood you had last year.

Popsicle
    I'll do my best
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Why is the eggfest forum listed as the place we don't talk about?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options

Why is the eggfest forum listed as the place we don't talk about?

:-t ???