Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin suggestions.....

Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing a pork loin tomorrow night for out of town relatives.......can't screw it up. I was thinking of brining over night...then saw in the recipe section a recipe using yogurt as a marinade. Any ohter ideas???? Thanks, Paul

Comments

• Midnight Smoker,
    Just did a porkloin last weekend, but I did a stuffed version.
    Open that sucker up (either roll cut or butterfly and pound even) then rub inside with a mixture of crushed fresh garlic, dijon mustard, white wine, and EVOO. Then layout several slices of provolone cheese over the dijon garlic mix. On top of provolone add a layer of fresh basil leaves (I use whole leaves - not chopped). Final layer - cover basil with thinly sliced procuitto.
    I then roll the loin up jelly roll style, and tie off with butcher twine (not so tite that you squish all your stuffing out, but tite enough to hold together)
    I then rub down the outside with the same Garlic, Dijon, Olive Oil, White Wine mix and let stand in the fridge for as long as overnight.
    Cook it indirect low and slow (so the cheese doesn't melt out) until you hit about 160 internal - exact temps may be debated. During the cooking process I paint on a glaze of Apple Jelly cooked down with some butter several times (I have also added chipotle powder to the glaze for a little heat from time to time)
    Let it stand about 10-15 minute before slicing to let everything firm up - serve it with a mushroom risotto, and grilled asparagus and you have a meal set for a king.
    Cndn Mike

• otis
    otis Posts: 20
    Cndn Mike,
    what temp do you grill?

• my bro in law did a pork loin last week that has me drooling. he rubbed it in sage, rosemary, cummin, salt and pepper.. Man it tasted like a thanksgiving pork loin it was probably the best pork loin I have ever had. you may want to give that a try
  • otis,
    Sorry for the late reply - been away from the computer - anyway I really have to admit here that I used my gas grill for this last time - set it up indirect and added a foil "smoke bomb" of apple / alder chips - anyway to answer your question I cooked with a grill temp of about 275 - 300 (not exactlly the low and slow I recommended but then again all my cheese melted out...) I would aim for no higher than around 250.