Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

33 Days To the Salado Eggfest Reminder

Wow! Just 33 days ago it was 66 days to Salado, and just like that it's only 33 days left.

Round numbers will do that. They slip up on you. So it's best we be on top of 'em, watching 'em all the time. That's why I keep reminding everyone that Salado is just a few days away.

And that means making some important decisions. Yes, IMPORTANT decisions. Like, Registering early in order to avoid the long lines of people who didn't register early.

And you ask, "Why is registering so important?"

Well for one thing, if you don't register, you can't be part of the drawing for the door prizes: two Mini-Max Big Green Eggs.

And two, there's no chance anyone will know ahead of time that you're even coming because your name won't be on the Who's Coming To Salado List.

And two and a half, because if you're planning on registering as a Cook, we have to know about it.

Hey! It's not like you're putting out any money to register early - the Salado Eggfest is FREE. And if you do register and something happens that you can't come, we'll just erase your name the day after the Eggfest.

So register now and stop worrying about it. It's much easier than registering when you get there. Here's the link to register on-line:

http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/

I told you it was easy...

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    30 Large Eggs on order plus 2 Mini-Max to be given away. Elves standing by to put them togather. Starting to look a lot like Christmas.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I hear Brian Williams was going to be there, but his chopper got shot down.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • We've already had one Chopper fly in for the fest.  Now looking for someone to sky dive into it.  Yes, wearing a kilt, of course.

We like being unique.

Spring "Everything After Unique Is Knockoff's" Chicken

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited February 2015
    @Mickey and @SpringChicken I sent you a message about some door prizes. Please check the message and let me know. Thanks John Wallace
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015

John, you must have not received my email reply from yesterday.  Here it is:

Good work. 

By all
    means, some gift certificates for door prizes would be great. 

Also, yes to the brochures. I'm sure I'm not the only one
    who has never heard of the program.

It would be nice for them to have a representative at the
    Eggfest as well.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Leroy

aka Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Mickey
    egger ave said:

@Mickey and @SpringChicken I sent you a message about some door prizes. Please check the message and let me know. Thanks John Wallace

I also relayed to your message. Thank you very much for the assistance.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• @Mickey and @Spring Chicken Never got the replies, technology is only as smart as the programmer. That's OK will follow-up this week on my next visit to College Station. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. JW
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Mickey
    egger ave said:

@Mickey and @Spring Chicken Never got the replies, technology is only as smart as the programmer. That's OK will follow-up this week on my next visit to College Station. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. JW

Right back at you

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    * like :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I said this was the year I would make Salado, then I knocked up my bride again. That said, next year is the year I make the trip with the bride.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Oh and I am going to cook and win an egg
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Will there be vendors there? (Fingers crossed) I'd love to meet some forum frequent mentions...
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy