Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good Canadian Bacon recipe and instructions

Options
Dos Huevos
Dos Huevos Posts: 368
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been toying with the idea for a while, but the time has come to make my own Canadian Bacon, or at least to give it a try. [p]Any help or tips would be appreciated...

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mornin Dewd
    Qfan put together some really nice instructions a couple years back, and I have heard only good things about how it comes out. Embarassingly, I have never done this myself, but I have eaten it on a few occassions! [p]In fact, now that you mention it, I am Jonesin' for some rot now!
    Cheers
    Chris

[ul][li]QFan's Canadian Bacon[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    canadianbacon007.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,
    thats a great recipe. it was a little salty for me, however a quick soak in some water before frying made it perfect. i keep packages of this at camp for those 3 in the morning breakfests

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    CanBacon2.jpg
    <p />CanBacon3.jpg[p]fishlessman,[p]I agree... it's a good recipe and very easy to make.
    The photos are from a batch made last winter. We just recently finished off the last of it from the deep freeze.
    Time to make some more.[p]John[p]

• bbqwizard
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Yep! that looks good enough to eat my screen...lol Loins are on sale this week too! maybe I'll have to make some. [p]phillip
  • Dr_Redwine
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Shame on you for not trying that recipe! It's on yo' website for goodness sakes. It is very good and everyone that I have given samples has raved about it. Of course, none of them have an Egg, so what would you expect?
    DrR