Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
OK, this may be kind of boring, but these were so good it wasn't right. We realized this morning we had nothing planned for supper tonight. Pulled a pack of BLSL thighs out of the freezer and in an ice bath in a cooler. Great way to thaw meat in a day.

Rubbed with Montreal Chicken Seasoning, on the egg at 275* with some pecan wood for smoke raised direct. After about 45 minutes, flipped. Another 20 minutes, sauced with Cole's Sweet Heat that @stlcharcoal sent me in the Rub & Sauce exchange that @cazzy setup.

While it was on I let the temp drift up to 300* or so, after flipping & saucing, let it go to 325*, sauced again when IT was 165*. I let it go until temps were anywhere between 171* and 185*, Some were much thicker than others.

That sauce is so good, I have a feeling when we finish this jar we will be finding a way to get it shipped here on a regular basis.

I really hate that work is going to get me back on the road during the week soon. I'm taking advantage of home office days as much as possible right now.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments