Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR optics. OT

Options
2»

Comments

• jimreed777
    Options

Go old school. Need to learn to shoot with old flip ups first. You young kids just love it the easy way

that's all I have for now - would like a red dot or something similar for quick target acquisition and medium range practice. I shoot with both eyes open...
  • jrb06
    jrb06 Posts: 52
    Options

Vortex.

They have excellent customer service, entry level to some of the best in the industry scopes and the biggest one for me and should be for everyone else is.... they employ our vets and service men and take care of them. I am local to their headquarters and I shoot with several of their employees at our club and all are knowledgeable and stand up personnel.   

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    @travisstrick I'm with @stlcharcoal on this I'm a big EOTech fan. Quick acquisition, great optics I own a couple with MagPul front and rear. I've got several guys swear by acog I guess it's a like Ford or Chevy lol! Good luck and thanks for all you do brother!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    A guy on Craigslist had magpul sights for $8...I texted I'll be right there....he texted back that they were $80...I got that off Amazon.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Depends. For CQB I prefer my Aimpoint Micro T1, for 50 - 800 yards I like my Trijicon ACOG TA31. Of course the long distance stuff really isn't my thing, if it was I suspect I'd like more magnification.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @UrbanForestTurnings, even though I've never met him, there's no doubt in my mind that @travisstrick knows a thing or two about shooting. With several years in the infantry, he's had to have pick up a few tips along the way. In addition to an EIB, I'm sure he has a CIB or two.

@travisstrick, horrible shot here. When I was in the Army, I never attempted the 300 meter targets. Eyes would get blurry and always missed. I saved those extra rounds for when I missed the closer targets.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • TylerA
    TylerA Posts: 85
    Options
    I like aim points. I almost bought a micro t one today, but decided I need to save my money right now, with the oil market the way it is.
    LBGE
    Huffman, TX
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    stemc33 said:

@UrbanForestTurnings, even though I've never met him, there's no doubt in my mind that @travisstrick knows a thing or two about shooting. With several years in the infantry, he's had to have pick up a few tips along the way. In addition to an EIB, I'm sure he has a CIB or two.

@travisstrick, horrible shot here. When I was in the Army, I never attempted the 300 meter targets. Eyes would get blurry and always missed. I saved those extra rounds for when I missed the closer targets.

I never said or thought he couldn't shoot. I have a great deal of respect for the young men and women that have stepped up and put their butts on the line. And all I have to say is that this fourm has some fire power. Hope the man doesn't try and take away our eggs. image
    He works well in most posts
  • travisstrick
    Options
    stemc33 said:

I used to wear glasses and skipped the 300 every time. I have since had PRK (kinda like lasik) and now have 20/15 in both eyes.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • NCEggSmoker
    Options
    I know it was labeled OT, but I still came here to see what kind of optics you were attaching to your adjustable rig. Interesting thread, but no new accessories to improve my aim with the egg.   

Safe shooting.
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.