Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Komodo Kamado whats the deal?

Options
Tinyfish
Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
I've been reading about these Komodo Kamado's anyone have any experience with them or seen one in person. Are they as good as they say,  or is it just hype? Any thoughts...

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yes have seen. No not hype. Very heavy. Very pricy. I'm satisfied with my BGE's thank you very much. But, I won't lie if I had crazy $$$ I'd get one.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It's the Cadillac, or well, the Veyron of Kamados.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Its functional artwork. 

If I had a sweet cook area with nice cabinets and high end patio furniture, I'd consider that as part of the overall investment. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    I have one and truly enjoy it.

I did not set out to get one. However, BGE was not yet selling their XXL and was not interested in selling one (Demo unit) during an Eggtoberfest. Consequently, I came across Komodo Kamado while researching large ceramic cookers and have not looked back since.

It is heavy and does cost more than an XXL BGE. However, it is definitely a joy to use. In this specific instance, I'm glad I spent the extra money to get it.

If you are in metro Atlanta, come on by and check it out. It is usually in action every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    @nolan8v than you for your invitation but I reside in Toronto Canada. Have you used a regular kamado compared to your KK.