Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night's cook

Options
VW Gal
VW Gal Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
medallions013Small.jpg
<p />I finally felt like cooking a little bit for some friends since my chemo has started. Here is Mr. Toad's Island Pork and some roasted Raspberry Chipotle medallions wrapped in bacon. I also made Mrs. Squeeze's kahlua cake for desert. Hope everyone is doing great![p]Terri

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    VW gal,
    wow, that looks terrific. ..and with the kahlua cake, you made the two very best thngs from last eggtoberfest IMHO ...we do that cake about twice a month around here these days, but i haven't done rodney's pork yet (shame on me) .. . . [p]more importantly, i'm glad you felt good enough to cook. . .hope the chemo treatments aren't knocking you down too badly and that you are tollerating them OK. .. maybe the mystical healing powers of the egg are helping you as well :-)[p]keep hanging in there!!![p]max

• VW Gal
    VW Gal Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey Max!![p]I have felt better this weekend than I have for the past 2 months. I know tomorrow will be a different story but I'm kickin' it in overdrive and livin' it up this weekend! LOL! It's funny, I didn't feel like eating, but I enjoyed the heck out of smellin it cook! That kahlua cake is hard to beat isn't it? I actually messed up and bought a devil's food cake and it was just fine. You have got to try making Rodney's pork though...it is just outta this world. I tried it in Atlanta and got the last piece he had. Best thing I'd ever eaten. The hard part was not eating all the toasted coconut up. Car Wash accused me of eating too much coconut and that was why I couldn't eat supper! LOL! Anyways, have a great day my friend! Good to hear from you!
    Terri

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    VW gal,
    i know, i know, i need to make the pork. . .problem is getting my family to eat pork tenderloin (in any fashion). .. i also thought it was the best thing to come out of eggtoberfest last year, along with the kahlua cake and squeeze's bread pudding (did you have that one? it was fantastic)....its good to hear you up-beat and having a good weekend. . .that will probably help you more than all the medicine in the world. .. .

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    VW gal,[p]Jeezz! I've barely had my morning coffee, and now I'm slobbering all over the screen.! Do you think a little left over Kahlua cake would go good with coffee in the morning?![p]Glad to her from you, Terri! [p]Keep cookin' . . . it all looks great![p]DD
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    VW gal,
    When you don't have enough coconut, you did eat to much. Looks really good.[p]Mike

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    VW gal,
    That looks good and sounds like it was even better than that.[p]So glad to hear you're cooking and enjoying friends again!!

• bbqwizard
    Options
    VW gal,
    Great to see you posting!!!1 and, cooking too! Pics look great![p]phillip

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    VW gal,[p]Wow, when you decide to start cooking, you don't mess around, do you?!? That sounds, and looks, delicious! [p]Glad you're feeling better,
    Gwen