Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Selling my Mini

Options
I'm putting my Mini on the market. I'm moving from the Atlanta area to the Hilton Head area this summer and I've gotta start unloading some things. I never use the lil guy as I always use my large since I always want leftovers. I'd like to find him a good home. 

He's about 6 or 7 years old and has only been used a total of 10-12 times. It's for the Mini only as I've never had a stand for him as he's always been on a large table next to his larger brother. 

I'm looking to get $275 for him as a rehoming fee and I'll even deliver if you're in the area. I'm in the Canton/Woodstock area.

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Sounds really high on the price. Does it atleast have the newer band? I just bought a brand new mini a couple months ago for $300. Last used mini I bought I paid $140. Thinking $200 is probably a better price range maybe less if its the older band.
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Lit said:

Sounds really high on the price. Does it atleast have the newer band? I just bought a brand new mini a couple months ago for $300. Last used mini I bought I paid $140. Thinking $200 is probably a better price range maybe less if its the older band.

Value is in the eye of the beholder Lit....disinterested armchair quarterbacks on price only cloud the transaction for those who are interested in buying, and those trying to sell. Water seeks its own level, as does price. Buyer's are likely over 18 y/o, as are the sellers.

On another forum Im on, "For Sales" are post only, no public replies for this very reason. Really cuts down on posts from third parties when pricing opinions arent specifically asked for.

Not trying to be an ass, but if you arent in the market for a used Mini...why not let someone who is determine what it's worth and not offer an un-solicited, and irrelevant opinion in this person's "for sale"?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Lit
    Options
    @Gogogordy you are being an ass you ass. Its way over priced. I have bought several used minis and a new one and watch Craigslist all the time so how is my opinion irrelevant? Just trying to help the guy out and even told him where a better price point is. If he bought it 6-7 years ago he didnt even pay $275 for it.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It is overpriced....just sayin
    I was thinking $325 for my newer mini, woo, stones stand and CI..holding off selling for now.

Good luck
    Seattle, WA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I will give you $150 if it is old band, nest, handle.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Lit said:

@Gogogordy you are being an ass you ass. Its way over priced. I have bought several used minis and a new one and watch Craigslist all the time so how is my opinion irrelevant? Just trying to help the guy out and even told him where a better price point is. If he bought it 6-7 years ago he didnt even pay $275 for it.

If its not for you, move along. MYOFB. The pricing will self-police with a real buyer.
    Shoe may be on the other foot sometime.....Consumer Reports this isn't.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'll give you $.. idk. Let me drink some.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Lit
    Options
    I wish I had someone to tell me the price point of things before I list them. Would help me not to waste my time.
  • ATLBuckeye
    Options
    Gogogordy, you sure seem to buy a lot of Mini's. Both new and old. I sure wish that you would have answered my questions when I asked about the prices for asking for a used Mini about a month ago. My research showed mt that 300 was the normal asking price so 275 seems like a decent deal. Now I'm smart enough to know that I'm probably not going going to get 275 for it and would probably take  a lil less, but 140???? Hell, if I see one for 140 I'll but it myself and I don't use the one that I have! Just because you came across someone wanting to sell theirs to support a "crack" habit doesn't mean that's the going price. 
    As for the "band" it's the old style. Which works just fine. If you need that much assistance lifting the lid on a Mini you just might want to consider some other options anyhow.
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    I dont buy a lot of minis, but having someone who isnt involved or intrinsically involved (or going to be) in the transaction who feels negotiating in *someone else's* behalf is their innate "duty" (esp since by his own admission LIT doesnt have all the answers price wise when he lists) is the right thing to do.

Why? Should you or anyone else have an actual, living, breathing interested potential buyer at any price, you'll both negotiate to find a price both parties can live with. If not, most sellers will figure it out and re-price to engage more interest.

GLWS
  • Lit
    Options
    @ATLBuckeye it was me that got the mini for $140 and that was my second one with the newer band. I got one like yours for $100 it was my first one and it was from an older guy that disnt use it so I doubt he was selling it for crack. I got rid of both of them because as you know used eggs don't have warranties. I also said in my post you can probably get $200 for it but $275 is really high. Its not the weight that makes the new band nicer it opens further and has a solid handle. The new band isn't even assisted for the weight. I am also in the ATL area and there was just a brand new mini on CL that started in the $300 range and was down to $250 before the listing disappeared and that was brand new.
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    @ATLBuckey, bring it to Hhi with you and ill buy it for 150.. gogogordy, maybe those rules applied on your other forum but i don't remember this being a for sale forum with ''don't reply unless you are buying rules". just saying. I agree with Lit, price is a bit high, well higher then the citizens of denver..
    Beaufort, SC
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Ok first off ... Yes I'm drinking, but this is better than the Super Bowl
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    B-)
    Seattle, WA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I want popcorn, who is selling and for how much?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SkinnyV
    edited February 2015
    Options
    $200 tops...let us know how it goes
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    At the Salado EggFest March 14th we are selling them new in the box for $299 with new style Nest and warranty.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @Gogogordy, I'm with @Lit on this one. Sometimes people get flamed for trying to sell things on their first thread post. @Lit didn't seem to be disrespectful in what the wrote in the posting. I agree with you about the eye of the beholder and clouding judgement on a sale thing. But with that said, this forum is about idea sharing and friendship. It's not a flea market. Before I bought my egg, it was the people on the forum that helped me pick the right egg. Some directly and others from reading their postings. In hindsight, I don't think these people clouded my judgment, in reality they guided me in the right direction. People laugh at me when I refer to the members on the forum as my internet friends. But seriously, that's how I look at the forum.

I'm just curious, if I posted a thread trying to get information about that same mini, would @Lit be wrong in clouding my judgment?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    edited February 2015
    Options
    :-t Man, maybe I need to lay off this forum for a bit. :| No joke: My alarm clock just woke me up from a dream where I was buying a second mini. (:|
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

:-t Man, maybe I need to lay off this forum for a bit. :| No joke: My alarm clock just woke me up from a dream where I was buying a second mini. (:|

Let me guess, you came to this thread to get advice from @Lit
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Snarky thread

I'm 30 minutes from Canton

$100 Cash?

Today?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Well said @stemc33 , EGG-ON my friend!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Gogogordy. After 44 years in the new car business (thank god it's over) what you are trying to discribe is what is known in the trade as a "third baseman". Yes @Lit offered his opinion, great as this forum is its all about options. Read it, don't read it, use it, don't use it, just don't be an ass please. Ps; Lit is so very correct.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FlashkaBob
    Options
    You boy should learn to play nice.

>:P

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Something is worth what someone is willing to give for it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    henapple said:

Something is worth what someone is willing to give for it.

Yes Sir. Whatever the market bears.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL