Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who cares about the Super Bowl?

I don't! But im wondering what you guys have on the menu. Anything besides chicken wings? Just need some motivation as I don't care about either team.
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I was hoping for a Colts Packers superbowl. But I don't like Tom Brady so I hope Russel Wilson hands him a loss.

Menu is burgers and maybe meatloaf. Did wings today.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited February 2015
    Both of us better hunker down as we probably will get hammered for our answer! But since you stepped up I will join you. My wife of 49 years and I will stay home, but will start with a bloody bull, and then a brunch. Later we will enjoy a very heavy meat and cheese "dip" that I have made for the past 30 years. By then the SB will be coming on and we will watch it and pay particular attention to commercials. Then when it seems right we will enjoy some Cin Chili I had prepared earlier. Will we really care which of the cheatiers win? Hell no!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Well, I had a menu planned, but my 8 yr old decided HE'S gonna spatch a chicken tomorrow for the super bowl. Who am I to argue? He also assigned dishes to everyone else but me! Oh well, I'm still gonna cook something.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Nip slip this year VS when Janet Jackson did it wouldn't break my heart. >:)
    Brisket and sides for us.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Using it as excuse to smoke up a slab of beef ribs myself. The Mrs. will be working, so it's just gonna be me and my slab o' ribs. :x
  • @NPHuskerFL she was at Dollywood one time this year when we were there. She was wearing a really short skirt and getting on a coaster while we were waiting, but that's a whole different thread. >:)
  • NPHuskerFL
    ahhh Katy Perry what a beautiful set of.... pipes B-) She's bound to put on an excellent show.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    I don`t care about the game and I will not watch. But I am going to cook some ribs on my Egg. Maybe work on polishing the Harley.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230

Nothing can top Ohio State's run to the National Championship.

I'll watch - leaning Brady

Wings with Jamaica Firewalk for me, Salmon for SHMBO (Mother of the Bride diet), 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NPHuskerFL
    @THEBuckeye
    SHMBO?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • I'm doing a couple small butts today for sandwiches.

LBGE and MBGE.  Also have a seldom used and very jealous Weber gasser. 

Lexington, SC.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    How could you not dislike the Patriots? they're slimy. I hope Seahawks destroy them like they destroyed the donkeys last year.

It was a fumble.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Sorry, wings here too. I got volun-told to bring the wings as an appie for a party down the street. Thanks to @RRP for the for the Georgia Red Wings idea (first try for me). I've had them in a brine for 2 days now but couldn't resist sampling then early. Cooked a few yesterday to get a baseline for seasoning. just looking for the right dry seasoning to kick it up a bit for finishing.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    BYS1981 said:

How could you not dislike the Patriots? they're slimy. I hope Seahawks destroy them like they destroyed the donkeys last year.

It was a fumble.

Every team is slimy. I love the moral outrage here over a sport that has no morals!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Huge NFL fan here and I would not miss the game for anything. Its really more than a game. It's the largest single sporting event in the world. Since Seattle really doesn't belong in this game, I'm taking the Patriiots by default. Short ribs and ABTs today.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • I wanted to watch the game for the commercials. They spend a lot of money to make them memorable for the Superbowl. For one reason or another our Kanuckistan T.V. police refuse to let us see them. No matter which channel we watch. (ABC, CBS, or NBC) this country will only supply a Canadian feed at least when it comes to the commercials. If I want to see them, I have to go to YouTube. 

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

Football, baseball, basketball are all one ball sports. Throw a leg over a bike at 170 MPH in a corner, now that is a two ball sport.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• What's the Superbowl?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2015
    @terrebandit do you mean "single sporting event" in terms of a single day event? In terms of viewership for all events(single day and tournaments), it's 5th or 6th behind a few soccer finals(World Cup, Euro, Champions League) cricket, and the Olympics.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited February 2015

@terrebandit do you mean "single sporting event" in terms of a single day event? In terms of viewership for all events(single day and tournaments), it's 5th or 6th behind a few soccer finals(World Cup, Euro, Champions League) cricket, and the Olympics.

Not sure. They reported what I said on the CBS news this morning. EDIT: went back and looked. The statement I made is inaccurate. It's the most popular, based on TV viewership, in the United States (not the World).
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • He's a Buckeye. Football, yes; reading and writing, not so much.
    :D
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

He's a Buckeye. Football, yes; reading and writing, not so much.
    :D
    That helps, I was thinking something like Shim, a term we use when we're just not sure.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230

Typo police can kiss my National Champioship pork butt!

:-bd
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • ddub
    ddub Posts: 7
    Football season was over on 1/12.

• Typo police can kiss my National Champioship pork butt!

:-bd
    Thanks for proving the point. LOL. :))
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2015
    @FlashkaBob - Look forward to it as well, FYI, it is not the TV Police restricting the US ads, it is the Canadian network who has paid for the Canadian rights for the game, this year it is CTV. CRTC has declared the 2017 Superbowl ads will be shown in Canada, not sure if a Canadian network will even carry the game if they can't sell ad space. Most of us with sat or cable have access to US nets so all will be good. 

The issue is simultaneous substitution - If a Canadian network airs the same program at the same time a US network, at the request of the Canadian network the sat/cable company must delete the US network channel and replace it with the Canadian channel, effectively the Canadian channel appears in two places. This was initially instituted because Canadians were watching the US channels even if a Canadian channel carried the same show, making it very hard for Canadian networks to sell ads. Canadian companies buying ads on US networks cannot deduct the cost of the ads for tax purposes. 

The CRTC (Canadian FCC) realizes this has failed, in prime time, CITY/Global/CTV are wall to wall US shows - so the policy has created clone networks that have no benefit to Canadian viewers. The benefit is only to the Canadian broadcasters and the less than 0.05% of Canadian companies who buy ads. Soap box empty - next!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I was going to do wangs but while looking for them, I noticed my meat counter offered "chicken strips", already trimmed, cut into strips and dusted with a rub; my laziness kicked in and I bought them instead.
    No idea if they're breast strips or thighs, but they'll be easy to eat.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I am a big football fan and watch as much as I can. But all I care about in this game are the numbers, I have good ones on several pools and can reap thousands. Today is my best chance in years. Of course with my luck every quarter will end with a 5 and 2 in some combination.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    A big ole pot of chili.  And it is spicy-spicy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio