Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st baby back ribs on the egg

Options
Greeting from Knoxville. Have had the egg for about 3 months now and love it. Wife nailed the birthday gift! Get many great tips from all you guys. Have been experimenting with different cuts of meats, pizzas and desserts. Have had great success and tried two slabs of baby back ribs today from Earthfare. My wife picked them up as they were on sale. The meat they sell is all organic hormone free and responsibly raised.
Followed Jeff Phillips 2-2-1 recipe and they turned out great.
-Prepped with mustard with a good dry rub.
-Got the egg fired up to 230 degrees added some apple wood chunks with some soaked jack Daniels old barrel wood chips.
-added the place setter and food grate.
-added the ribs on for the first two hours to get the good smoke flavor from the wood.
-took them off and wrapped them in foil to get the meat good and tender. Didn't add any apple juice or anything, followed Jeff's recommendation and let the meat's juices do their work. Cooked another two hours.
- one more hour unwrapped to get the good crust.
Man they turned out great. Very very tender literally the meat fell off the bones. A fantastic smoked flavor. Just made my day.
Already looking forward to my next venture!
Thanks for all the good tips everyone!
Cheers, Matt

Comments