Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Night

Options
butert
butert Posts: 202
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I made a pizza on by Egg.  I wanted to make my own dough and used this recipeOlive Oil Pizza Dough.pdf (Thanks @cookinbob)  It started out as a disaster, I could not roll the dough out very well.  I gave up on that and just threw the toppings on thinking it would be terrible.  It turned out pretty good, I was happy with it.  I stabilized the egg between 525 & 550 and cooked it roughly 6" above the felt line.

I started the pizza out on parchment paper.  Once it was on the Egg for about five minutes I took it off and removed the parchment paper and placed it back on my stone to brown the bottom.  Not sure if that step is necessary or not?

I left it on another 5-6 minutes then took it off.  It turned out great, some smoky taste but not overwhelming.

With some left over dough i'm going to try and make sausage cheese bread tomorrow in my dutch oven.
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.

Comments