Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Pot Pie

Options

Came home from work yesturday and low and behold the town is dark. Parked outside as the garage door wouldn't open. Get out go inside, pull the cord, raise the door, pull in, shut the door, relatch the belt and grab a couple flashlights. My wife was just finishing up making the insides of her chicken pot pie. No problem I'll go light the egg. Stablized at 425 indirect with a chunk of leftover wood from ribs and in goes the pie.

Got some candles going and a lantern so we could play hungry hungry hippos until dinner was done. Boys were crazy wild about the power being off and just couldn't believe it could happen. Took about 35 - 40 minutes to cook and then eat.

Marie Callender ain't got nothing on my wife, this thing was amazing! Power came back on couple hours later and all is good in the world again.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments