Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Flied Lice

Options
So Flied Lice (Fried Rice) has become a staple in our home. We have it probably every week or two. It turns into a "what vegetables do we want in there and what ones do we need to toss in to get rid of." Kind of a clean out the fridge meal.

I do not cook the wok on the egg as it takes too long to heat up and I don't like using lump for that (I can have the wok heated up on my Camp Chef burner in 3 minutes)

My entire family loves the meal. This one included:
- cabbage
- broccoli
-carrots
- peas
- peppers
- marinated chicken ( I will get the recipe on here later as it is our go to marinade for chicken, only need a couple of hours in it.)
-onion
-celery

I cut everything the night before (which according to Grace Young you do not achieve Wok Hey, but I am trying to give the night one night off a week of not having to touch a thing for cooking and it took me an hour and a half to get everything ready to throw in the wok)

No particular order on the cook, only that I always do the rice last.

It is really nice now that the wok is non-stick, really easy to cook on.

I also had my cooking partner to help. (Any time I serve my wife by doing dishes, surprising her with something, she asks what i am doing and one time I said "I am trying to honor mom." So tonight she wanted to "honor mom" by helping cook.)

Long narrative, but awesome cook. No plated pics, too hungry to take those.

Peace out and Go Hawks!!

Comments