Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White Castle... in Vegas... today.

Options
Grand opening in 45 min. Now you Ohio guys have a reason to come to Vegas!
San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I would rather do In n out burger, but thats just me.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    They are better going in then out. They are not called sliders for no reason. Just sayin.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Crush me a Crave case. Will have to do some up on the egg
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

A recreation of white castle on the Egg would be the only thing I ever cooked again.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    Crush me a Crave case
    huh? That is some colloquialism that passed me by! LOL

Of course the only times I ever was exposed to White Castle was between 12 and 15 years old on our annual bus trip to St Louis as a reward from our public park district for participating all summer in their activities. Man - that was back in the 50's and I remember the burgers were dirt cheap then and tiny and greasy! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CMCordial
    Options
    A Crave Case is a briefcase sized box full of sliders (30 I believe). Also called the drunk mans suitcase. Wonderful! I used to go to the one on High St near campus (national champion OSU) from time to time, but never before 1 AM.
    You can't make the Club in the Tub. Denver via Columbus.
    Lg, Mini & ol Webber
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    It's those little onions...
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    CMCordial said:
    A Crave Case is a briefcase sized box full of sliders (30 I believe). Also called the drunk mans suitcase. Wonderful! I used to go to the one on High St near campus (national champion OSU) from time to time, but never before 1 AM.
    Thanks! 30??? I remember this one kid on our bus would always order 5 WC burgers and we thought it was just to show off since all the rest of us would buy just 2 of them! Of course now in retrospect that 3+ hour ride home from St Louis always involved having the rear bus windows open because of the "gas" and NOT gas mileage!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    WC is da bomb, but in LV it's gotta be In and Out Burger or nothing at all. Animal style, and a quick walk from the strip for breakfast before going to bed. Just sayin'.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I would animal style most anything i ate. Burgers, chicken, ice cream, pretty much anything.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I've had many hung over mornings with a White Castle Hassle knocking on the door to get out...

I'm going to be in Vegas Feb 27-Mar 6 on biz - there are so many better choices in that town.

If you have $15 you want to practically give to Gordon Ramsey, his "BurGR" joint has the best burger I've ever put in my mouth, it was so good I was reluctant to swallow.

Bobby Flay's place also has a really good burger that is consistently cooked just the way it's ordered.

I know, apples and oranges; White Castle sells a tasty little shirt-burger with just enough "beef" to call it a burger, for cheap. Worth what you pay for too.

I'm with the In-n-Out crowd - when I'm on that side of the country, you can't beat a double animal style for the price. There's a secret menu I recommend finding for the fun of it.

I love Vegas.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Never been in a White Castle. Love some In-n-out burger and Burgerville USA. I don't understand why these two great burger joints don't expand to all areas of the USA. @PNWFoodie‌ should load up her suitcase with Bugerville and reheat them at Salado. They'd be big hit. Lol
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I do love WC. But in the south we have Krystals. Krystals does not put holes in their burgers. On another note I love their Chics even more than there sliders. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    +1 on the greastals
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you are in Vegas, and want some of the best late night street food get yourself over to TACOS EL GORDO! 
    Seriously awesome eats.  The stacked meat of the Al Pastor carved right off the spit, incredible.  The place is an experience.  Check it out.

The carne asada isn't shabby either...

Sorry for the tangent...bit if we're talking cheap, quick food that goes in fantastic and may not come out the same way, well, then Tacos El Gordo is on topic!! 
    =))
    LBGE/Maryland
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    Don't know 'bout a Crave Case.... but they gave a cheer and rang a bell when ever someone walked out with a box of 100!  During the time we were in the area, musta heard that bell 20 times!

BTW, walked by 'round midnight and there was still a line around the building waiting to get in.

• brad11140
    Options
    I live in Vegas and was born and raised in SoCal. I have never had a White Castle before so I'm looking forward to trying it and seeing what all the hype is about. I will wait till the excitement dies down a bit. I cant stand going near the strip on a normal day much less to wait in line for a hamburger. 

Gonna have to check out Tacos El Gordo though..
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Candle lit dinner at White Castle the last two valentine's day for my wife. I like to keep it classy
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @brad11140‌ just make sure you are near a restroom a few hours after you eat the sliders. You will thank me later.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Bustersdad
    Options
    @WeberWho, too funny, took SWMBO to the White Castle Valentines Dinner 2 years ago...may have to take her back this year
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @Bustersdad‌ It's actually a lot of fun. When you look around everyone is enjoying it just as much. Yeah it's not fine dinning but it fits the fake holiday perfectly!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    The guy said sliders are 79 cents back east $1.29 in Vegas. "Cuz everything is more expensive in Vegas" (cheaper by quantity I guess)
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options

@WeberWho, too funny, took SWMBO to the White Castle Valentines Dinner 2 years ago...may have to take her back this year

Post that on my v.d ThrowDown . I didn't have rules . Just two pictures