Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE For Sale in Las Vegas

Options
Admins if this is not allowed please let me know. 

I have a large Big Green Egg I would like to sell. I am in Las Vegas. The egg is approximately 4 years old and has performed flawlessly for me. I want to purchase another smoker so I am selling this one. Included in this sale

Large BGE (In perfect shape. No chips or anything broken)
Upgraded fire pit grate. (The one that comes with the egg is a thick piece of steel with holes drilled. The upgrade looks just like the main grill and allows more oxygen to get through)
Place setter (One of the legs on the place setter is broken. I was going to replace but it did not affect anything terribly other than the grill grate leans a bit)
Rocks BBQ WiFi Stoker (This thing has worked awesome. Meat probe wire is a bit melted from a flare up but works awesome)
Custom made cart (I constructed a stand for the Egg. Is approximately 4 feet wide and has a large work surface next to the egg.)
BGE Electric Starter (Has seen better days. Still works)
And anything else egg related I find.

I am thinking $1400 OBO. Local pick-up only

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Just curious what your goin to get after you sell this?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• brad11140
    Options
    I am going to get a pellet smoker. Something that is easier for my wife to use. I singed my eye brows once and she wont go near it. lol
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Seems overpriced. Might want to lower the price if you want to sell anytime soon. I do not say this in a malicious or smart ass way, just trying to help.

I know you said pellet, but I have really liked my smokin-it electric smoker. It's basically a cookshack knock off for less money. Insulated double walled stainless smoker with enough cooking space for a ton of food.

Good luck with the sale and your new cooker, whatever it ends up being.
  • dconder
    dconder Posts: 12
    Options

I have an XL Egg and a Traeger Tex pellet.  It doesn't get much easier than the pellet.  Turn it on and walk away.  My only complaint about my pellet is heat.  It's hard to get much higher than 400 or so. That's why I have the egg for those high heat cooks.  But for ease of use and set it and forget it, they are hard to beat.

• brad11140
    Options
    Yeah I wasn't real sure where to price. I think a new egg costs somewhere between 750-1000. I am pretty sure I paid closer to 1k. The stoker is 400. The cart is substantial. $1200 was my initial feeling but I figure Ill get talked down.

I am looking at the Rec Tec pellet smokers. Seems to be a lot of complaints on the Traegers, especially regarding consistent heat.Maybe Ill just keep both if nobody is interested. Wouldnt break my heart,
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I would keep both unless you cannot afford it financially or don't have room to keep both.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Heat issues should not be a problem for you in Las Vegas. Just sayin
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • brad11140
    Options
    It does get warm here. Thats for sure. I agree with an earlier post that 1400 is to much. Ill come down to $1100 OBO.
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Heck you wife touched your egg? My wife haven't touched my eggs in years. They do hang low as heck. Just like her knockers. Keep them in my socks.. Don't sell it if you can hang on to it. I.m.h.o. Not a fan of pellet smokers.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Had me laughing - reminds me of the Knoxville on jackass. 
    They do hang low as heck. Keep them in my socks.

Phoenix 
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    I live in Hermosa Beach, Ca... There is a large BGE on the Strand. A famous section of land right on the beach. There is a guy that has a BGE he hasn't used in years. He uses his cheap gasser all of the time. The metal parts are rusting like they do near the beach. I told him I'd haul that old POS off of his patio for free. He's thinking about it! It has no stand - It sits right on the ground. That house is worth about $10,000,0000. I'd give him a couple of hundred dollars but... I'm working him for a deal - just for fun.. The art of the deal! I really don't need it but I hate to see it going to waste. He has NO clue how to use it or what it can do.
  • brad11140
    Options
    Um Ok... Well good luck on your purchase. 

HogHeaven said:
    I live in Hermosa Beach, Ca... There is a large BGE on the Strand. A famous section of land right on the beach. There is a guy that has a BGE he hasn't used in years. He uses his cheap gasser all of the time. The metal parts are rusting like they do near the beach. I told him I'd haul that old POS off of his patio for free. He's thinking about it! It has no stand - It sits right on the ground. That house is worth about $10,000,0000. I'd give him a couple of hundred dollars but... I'm working him for a deal - just for fun.. The art of the deal! I really don't need it but I hate to see it going to waste. He has NO clue how to use it or what it can do.