Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another MiniMax Pizza Experient gone horribly RIGHT!

Options

the MiniMax continues to amaze with its high heat achievement capability, heat retention capability and the results it produces during cooks.  Did pizza on Saturday and it turned out so good, I can't believe it

I ran the temp a little lower this time- around 600 instead of the 650-700

Mighty tasty for $3 worth of flour- and I made six pies

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, what size stone are you using?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Nice!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Yum!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Looks delicious. That plate setter really blocks the heat. I wish th large was slightly bigger to eliminate hot spots
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

I think it is a 12" or 13" stone- very close in size to the MiniMax grid diameter and it heated up for about an hour maintaining a steady temperature of 600F for 2-3 hours, plenty of time to crank out the 'za. 

I've had really good luck with the pizza cooking evenly on the bottom without burning and getting the toppings just the way my pizza-eaters love it.  Plenty of heat radiates off the dome, plus, letting it heat up for some time really gets it to the level where it holds the heat very well.

Also title of this discussion should have the word 'EXPERIMENT'

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    pizza looks great... how is the gasket

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nice picked up my platesetter but was going to use a mini stone to see if I liked how the pizza turned out before buying the 13inch bge stone.

I am planning on a kids make your own pizza for my sons 6th birthday party, so I can have the mini, mini max ready to go if it works out.

Thanks for your service sir.
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    BigWader said:

From that pic it looks like a goner. Paging RRP....paging RRP. Get those mini max lengths ready.
    Seattle, WA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Now that looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking pies coming off your MM. Nice work. Seems like the deflector stone is 10" so wouldn't the pizza stone also be 10" to get up higher into the dome?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌ I believe Ron @RRP‌ is sending Rutland kit for the MM and is using the same length as the SBGE (I already bought mine). The only one I know of that has already installed a Rutland on the MM is @McStew‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌ I believe Ron @RRP‌ is sending Rutland kit for the MM and is using the same length as the SBGE (I already bought mine). The only one I know of that has already installed a Rutland on the MM is @McStew‌
    I have supplied another and yes the MM takes the same size as the Small. The egger sent me the measurement I requested so I could determine the size since I cut to order.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • westernbbq
    Options
    BigWader said:

gasket is fine.  I've had MM since thanksgiving eve 2014 and I've fired up the MM more than the L and XL combined and it seems OK.  starting to look a little flat and I figure by july 4 i'll upgrade it to the super duper more costly gasket- in fact, I am going to do all three BGE's with the Rutland.

For now, this MM gasket is working out OK for my use.

• westernbbq
    Options

the stone I think is similar in size to the grid diameter for stock MM and small.  I didn't get a chance to look at last nite but i'll check it out this week.  it works great though and my main goal with the MM was to be able to take the pizza show on the road and I am confident I can do that now.

VERY EXCITED