Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Packer

minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
edited January 2015 in Beef
I was at Costco the other day and they had one of the floppiest packers I've ever found and it appears to have a massive point on it compared to most of the others I've made. I begrudgingly shelled out the $68 and bought it. It was just too nice of a piece of meat to pass up. I started it last night at 11 PM and just took it off at 2 PM. Rubbed with a little bit of mustard and seasoned with Oakridge Black Ops. Smoked over Rockwood with 6 pieces of oak mixed in. 

Since this one was pretty nicely marbled, I thought it might be done at a little lower temp than most of the ones I've made. Turns out it was probing like buttah at 190 in the flat. It also had the wonderful "jiggle" when I took it off. It's resting in FTC until dinner. I hope to have some left for a batch of brisket chili for the game next weekend. I'll update with pics when I slice.

imageimage
L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments