Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much time do you spend on the forum?

Options
I normally spend about an hour a day on this forum reading all the different posts that I can. I can't help notice however that every post I read has answers  or help from a lot of the same guys over and over. I'm just curious as to how much time people spend here.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Way more than I should.
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    To much according to my wife.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I use to be on about 20 hours a day, give or take a little. However due to work, im not on much at all as of late.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Scotty, seemed like you were on 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.  Now I'd estimate you're only on about once a leap year.
    Options
    At least 30 to 60 minutes. Usual time is in the morning for five or 10 to see what is happening, 30 minutes in the afternoon while the VOCs clear and another 15 to 20 in the evening waiting for the bourbon based sleep aid to take effect. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Too much, it takes 2-5 minutes to load the page and scan. I visit in 10 minute increments give or take.

My most viewed site on the web. I really only have less than 10 places I go on the entire interwebs.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Scotty, seemed like you were on 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.  Now I'd estimate you're only on about once a leap year.
    Brother Nola, this working is really getting into my eating, cooking and forum time. However, time is drawing nigh my friend. I will be NO bounds soon so be ready!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'll update the list throughout the day along with email. About once every couple hours. If something catches my interest, I'll post. Maybe 30 minutes total until we veg out on the couch late at night. Then I really catch up.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Too much, but then I'm retired. Since most of you are working during the day then if I can chime in on a thread I do.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Easy to do on a mobile phone and doesn't take alot of time. Since joining, I have spent too much money on accessories.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2015
    Options

SGH said:
    Brother Nola, this working is really getting into my eating, cooking and forum time. However, time is drawing nigh my friend. I will be NO bounds soon so be ready!!
    @SGH - I checked oyster prices at RD yesterday and it's $39 for a 35 pound sack.  Give me the heads up brother.
    Options
    Depending on the work demands (a nod to @RRP for the "every day is Saturday lifestyle") I will check during the slow-moving times and then try to catch up at night (eastern time zone).  For the most part, weekends are a given for some part of each day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    As much as I can.. Love this forum..Great bunch of folks who can really cook andhave fantastic senses of humor.. :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I don't answer incriminating questions, fifth amendment and all.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
     Like cooking on the Egg, the forum is an obsession/hobby.  While working, not so much, but evenings and weekends, way too much. 
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I spend about an hour a day on the forum, but another couple of hours a day making a list of sexual, racist, and offensive posts. 

After I compile my list I call corporate and complain about them. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Damn, I'm back on the forum again.
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's a complex question with infinite possibilities of answers. None of which I'm prepared to answer right now.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Here's a twist to your question. Do you bother to sign in and sign out? I don't and just stay signed in 24 -7.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Do a lot of reading and checking out pics that get posted. Really enjoy this forum.

Opelika, Alabama
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    Between here Smoking Meats, Florida Sportsman, Pensacola Fishing and Gulf Coast fishing a few hours a day but I'm lucky I've worked 5 years for the same company as RRP works for. 
    It's cold out for Fl so no real need to get started to early, next big project is the egg table. Lots of time to check out forums.
    Niceville, Fl