Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's gonna be an awesome weekend Eggheads!

Options
I'm gonna have a great weekend! Started with a trip to the slaughterhouse yesterday. Picked up a 12# packer, a 9# butt and 2 1.5" filets.

Last night smoked 6# of bacon to be sliced later today. Sneak preview for breakfast and it's my best batch yet. Didn't soak as long and added maple to one batch. That one is money.

Next up, cut 4 steaks off the butt to be Tasso Ham tomorrow. The rest is cubed and ready to become American style breakfast sausage this afternoon.

The filets are in the marinade of Monterey steak and wooster for the day. Tonight they will be super.

I cut part of the flat off the brisket and it's cubed to be ground into ground beef for later use. The rest of it will go in the egg overnight for lunch on Sunday.

Oh, and as a bonus, finally found that tri tip for next week some time!

Whew, what a weekend of cooking!

Hope you guys have as much fun as me. More pics to follow. imageBacon preslice...

Comments